[SOLVED] R9 370 Watt/ PSU problem

Sep 29, 2020
So i've found a great GPU but i dont know what kind of PSU i got a great deal of Digital Alliance PSU that 500 watt 80+ but 240 watt on 12volt rail is it enough for this?
i5 3470
2x1 ddr3
4x1 ddr3
h61m-vs asrock
hdd 250 GB
pls i need this

the PSU is in this link

Solution
No. That unit can only supply "supposedly" 240w based on the 12v rail. Any power supply advertised as a 500w unit that is only capable of supplying 240w on the 12v rail is a piece of crap, and should LITERALLY be thrown in the trash before it has the opportunity to either destroy your hardware by way of what is likely highly excessive levels of ripple, or simply catch on fire. Literally a dumpster fire type unit. Whatever you paid for it, it was absolutely NOT a "great deal", not even if it was ten bucks.

Get a quality 450w or higher unit. One that can ACTUALLY supply 450w or higher, sustained.

No. That unit can only supply "supposedly" 240w based on the 12v rail. Any power supply advertised as a 500w unit that is only capable of supplying 240w on the 12v rail is a piece of crap, and should LITERALLY be thrown in the trash before it has the opportunity to either destroy your hardware by way of what is likely highly excessive levels of ripple, or simply catch on fire. Literally a dumpster fire type unit. Whatever you paid for it, it was absolutely NOT a "great deal", not even if it was ten bucks.

Get a quality 450w or higher unit. One that can ACTUALLY supply 450w or higher, sustained.

Solution
Sep 29, 2020

so can you recommend how many watt do i need for the 12v rail

I'd say you want to find a quality 550w unit, that can actually supply 550w on the 12v rail. At the VERY least you would want one that could properly sustain 450w on the 12v rail, minimum, and that should only be if it's an EXEMPLARY unit based on review data.

Truthfully, you would be hard pressed to find any unit below 550w that I'd recommend, but keep in mind that just because it's 550w does NOT mean that it is suitable. The model is the tell.

Sep 29, 2020
I'd say you want to find a quality 550w unit, that can actually supply 550w on the 12v rail. At the VERY least you would want one that could properly sustain 450w on the 12v rail, minimum, and that should only be if it's an EXEMPLARY unit based on review data.

Truthfully, you would be hard pressed to find any unit below 550w that I'd recommend, but keep in mind that just because it's 550w does NOT mean that it is suitable. The model is the tell.
gotcha it depends on the 12v rail to right ty man