R9 380X, Gigabyte or Sapphire?

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Good day, everyone.

I hesitate between Gigabyte R9 380X G1 GAMING and Sapphire R9 380X Nitro OC.

What is better? (objectively)

These graphics card cost same price.

I do not know what to choose. The Gigabyte has warranty on 3 years, but Sapphire just for 2 years. That is important personally for me.

THX

Rev1991

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I have had a better experience with Sapphire r9 270x almost 2 years and no problems.. my gigabyte 2 r7 270x and r9 270x didnt last more than 6 months to a year... they never seem to last to long before they go bad, just my opinion lol

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Hi!

I started to thinking about the ASUS STRIX R9 380X OC 4GB, in some shops it is only 8 dollars extra.

What do you think? It has got longer warranty than the Sapphire.

It is not worth any extra over the others, all the 380X cards will play the same games same settings with 0-3fps difference.

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Thanks, you r nice, but actually I really do not enjoy this card. I think I made a huge mistake. After installation my monitor says NO SIGNAL. I knew it could cause many things, but after 3 hours solving I really do know what to try now to fix it.

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
This morning I tried to manipulate with the little switch on the graphics card. And Wohaha it worked. Former NVIDIA drivers I completely deleted and installed new from AMD.

But now my computer very often go on black screen lock.

When I want to start some program Ex. FRAPS, ZMODELER, I need to get over the permission to run the program and here it usually get on the black screen lock, so I have to restart my computer. This problem is not in games, just here.

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
My PC:
Motherboard - MSI X79A-GD65
PSU - Cooler Master GX 650W
CPU - Intel Core i7-3820
RAM - Corsair 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Vengeance
Graphics card - Sapphire R9 380X NITRO

TROMANIA

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
So I have found why there was the problem with no signal when I booted my PC.

How I wrote I switched the switch on the card and after that it worked. The switch was there for switching between BIOS and UEFI mode. I really do not know what I had there for the first time switched, and I do not know on what mode I am running now. But the mode what was switched from the factory did not work for me. I did not know that I should switch it, because in the manual is not anything about it.

What I have read my motherboard supports the UEFI mode, but I do not know if I should try it, maybe later. What I have heard the UEFI mode does not improve performance, and it's a bit complicated, so I'm not in a hurry. And I do not know how to set it... so I have to study the process.

But after this I ran into another problem. I wrote here that I had problem with some actions in the Windows what lead to the black screen lock and I had to restart my computer many times. So I tried some things, mainly with drivers, and now it works with no problem and I hope it will stay that way. I test it for 3 days and it works fine.

And I have to say that the performance is just great. In performance it is what I wanted. Just it is a pity that the first impression was not very good. Just hope there will be no more problems.

Anyway thank you for your all help. :)