R9 390 1080p low fps

mega_milkshake

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Helllo all, I just bought a Sapphire r9 390 Nitro and I installed it along with AMD CCC driver v15.2. I started Unigen Valley benchmark on 1080p resolution maxed out and I am getting extremely crappy fps. I swear that it never hit 60fps I am pretty sure the highest it hit was 40fps. This is ridiculous my r9 290 would cut through valley at 1080p no sweat. Can someone shed some light on what is going on with this thing? Did I miss something? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thankyou

System specs: My cpu is i7 4770k and I have 16gb RAM 2133mhz and a ASUS maximus vi gene mobo.

Update: Ok it has been 7hrs of troubleshooting and I have achieved nothing. Used MSI afterburner and that did nothing. Uninstalled the AMD CCC driver about 5 times and that did nothing. Removed the OC on my CPU and that did nothing. I am all out of ideas. I am defeated, this sucks :(

Rumzie

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
I have a solution that has worked perfectly for me!
As far as I can tell, this is a major bug in the drivers/software.

But I solved this in my build by running my games in windowed borderless. Running Black Ops 3 in fullscreen got MASSIVE FPS drops. Changed the display to windowed borderless, and never saw another FPS other than 60. No drops or stutters.
The downside to this, especially if you don't have a decent CPU like my i5-6500, is that is causes more strain and a higher load on the cpu.

Let me know if this solution worked for you guys...

TRENDING THREADS