r9 fury nitro idle temps

gax007

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Just picked up a r9 fury nitro and the idle temp is stuck at 50 deg. Never had one but from what I've seen this is high. However the fan is at a solid 22% and when gaming at 4k ultra, it gets to 75 which is absolutely normal. So should I just set a different fan curve or would some baisic deepcool Z5 be better or worse than the stuff already on the card?

Solution
Probably not worth it. It might have a small benefit but I wouldn't mess with a GPU with HBM - the interposer is extremely fragile. Load temps of 75 seem perfectly fine.

gax007

Prominent
May 4, 2017

I see so about the thermal paste should I get some better stuff or is it not worth it.
just set fan to 22 and now its at 30 so yes it was at 0db mode. I should take a look just in case I guess to make sure the paste was applied correctly. just want to know if the Z5 would be fine to use on this card yes im aware its non conductive im asking if it would improve it at all.

Jamie_69

Respectable
Dec 20, 2016
Probably not worth it. It might have a small benefit but I wouldn't mess with a GPU with HBM - the interposer is extremely fragile. Load temps of 75 seem perfectly fine.

Solution

gax007

Prominent
May 4, 2017

Alright sounds fine. Heard about the interposer being fragile. This card has a plastic cover protecting the interposer unlike the others, so its not as risky to replace it.