Radeon drivers

G

I've been screwing around with my AIW Radeon for a few months (win2k/cusl2/). My card worked fine except for system freezes. I troubleshot the OS, soundcard, registry, etc. I have now narrowed it down to the ATI drivers!

If I can fix this last problem I think I'll have a solid system. The issue is the "Specialized PCD WDM VBI" codec. My device manager showed an (!) beside it and the event log showed an error in loading it. I have since deleted that particular driver, but now I can't get it to re-install. Interestingly my system is working perfectly except for the system freeze which is a result of the missing driver - even though it's not apparantly needed.

Any ideas on how to get this "Specialized PCD WDM VBI" installed?

Scrub

PS I also can't upgrade to the latest win2k drivers without the screen going blank on reboot.

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
If you have McAfee ActiveShield loaded it could possibly be the problem. I am having screen freezes also, and at first I though it was my Radeon 64 drivers, but discovered after I uninstalled McAfee and it's ActiveX components my problems went away.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

G

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not running any anti-virus software. (yeah, yeah, I know...)

I can neither install the latest win2k drivers nor the Specialized WDM VBI codec.

Scrub

"I'm a hobo, I'm a boxcar, I'm a screaming bowl of soup."
--C. Manson