[SOLVED] radeon hd 6950 wont boot after failed bios flash even after succsefully flashing it back to stock. i need some help.

H2NightmareZ

Prominent
May 24, 2019
so i did something really stupid awhile back and flashed a non-reference 6950 to a 6970 effectively bricking it, however i found out the way to unbrick it using the whole ms dos method which i only just did just did recently after getting a mobo that had more than 1 pcie slot. it successfully flashed according to the program and booting into windows using the second gpu and the 6950 shows it both in windows device manager and amd catalyst but in the amd settings it mark the 6950 as disabled (included that just in case as it doesn't show up as disabled in windows device manager). however when i try to boot into windows with the 6950 as the primary gpu it doesn't post at all. the mobo and all the other parts work just fine its just this particular gpu that im having trouble with. does anyone know how to fix this? ive been searching and have come up with no answers as to why this happend.

my specs are:
cpu: Intel core 2 quad q9500
gpu: radeon hd 6750 and radeon r5 230 as the card i used to boot and re flash the 6950 as its a low power card
ram: 8gb ddr2 800 mhz
mobo: 775 hp xw4600 x38 chip set
psu: 600 watt evga

Solution
reset the BIOS of the motherboard by jumper and install only the 6950. The two 6pin power connectors are connected as well?

It could be that the Firmware you flashed to the 6950 is not the original one and might not be 100% compatible. Try a different one.
reset the BIOS of the motherboard by jumper and install only the 6950. The two 6pin power connectors are connected as well?

It could be that the Firmware you flashed to the 6950 is not the original one and might not be 100% compatible. Try a different one.

Solution

H2NightmareZ

Prominent
May 24, 2019
yea the two 6 pins are connected and the bios is the one that was on it before the failed flashing i saved it in case i failed. i will have to try the bios reset and see if it works thankyou for the suggestion. sorry for the late reply.