Jul 5, 2019
Watch the language
Hi all. Love this forum, i just discovered it, and i find it absolutely amazing!
My question list is a bit complex:
i currently have a radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 dedicated and a Radeon HD 8670D on board.
proc is A10-6700 i installed 16GB RAM DDR3, win7 x64
i currently have CCC(catalyst15) installed and i checked the dual graphics option. (not sure if i should plug my monitor into onboard or dedicated for better Quality.)
in BIOS, i have enabled the onboard video card. (it takes aroung 800mg for ram, i cannot choose how much ram to appoint to it. now ram usable is 15.2GB)

question list:

secondary question:
how should i set theese 3 options in BIOS?
"pci serr# generation" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)
"download ROM NIC" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)
"research snoop VGA palette" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)

big main question:
for this setup, r7 240 4GB + Radeon HD 8670D, wich soft and stable driver would give me the best performance / benefits and why?
CCC or CRIMSON or ADRENALIN ?
has anyone tested on something similar?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019
If you don't plug your monitor into the GPU then you are not using the GPU at all.

If it's working - don't change anything in the BIOS

Whatever the latest driver you can use for your 8670 is the ONLY driver you need.

well it is working either way, with the options enabled and also with the options disabled. i would like to know how to make it work better :giggle:

and yes, the hdmi is plugged into the GPU but the 8670 should be helping the r7 240. maybe those 3 options boost the help?
and maybe Adrenalin is too New. would it make more sense to switch from CCC (drivers included from factory 4 years ago) or go for Crimson? (might have extra utility) ?

well it is working either way, with the options enabled and also with the options disabled. i would like to know how to make it work better :giggle:

and yes, the hdmi is plugged into the GPU but the 8670 should be helping the r7 240. maybe those 3 options boost the help?
and maybe Adrenalin is too New. would it make more sense to switch from CCC (drivers included from factory 4 years ago) or go for Crimson? (might have extra utility) ?

You can only use 1 or the other Graphics card. They are all from different era's so they won't work together.
The 240 is better.

Don't think because you have 2 in your machine it will use both. If you had 4 it wouldn't use 4.
If you knew about programing you may be able to utilise GPU cores to do different things, but from what you have said on here, that is not your expertise.
Don't over complicate things, use the GPU and that's the best you can get.

Reactions: Semaione
Jul 5, 2019
Sorry to say that the 6000 series APUs don't have Crossfire support with the R7 or R9 series graphics cards.
Here is a page that shows the different compatibility between cards and APUs: http://www.cpu-world.com/info/AMD/Recommended_graphics_cards_for_AMD_dual-graphics.html

thanks for the link. i understand your point of view. but i forgot to mention, the CCC (Catalyst) i installed, has detected both cards, and the "use amd dual graphics" option appeared. (wich wasn't available before). the catalyst control center says they are compatible for dual graphics (there's a description under the "enable" option). does that mean it will work? or it's just a theoretical tab that will do nothing?

You can only use 1 or the other Graphics card. They are all from different era's so they won't work together.
The 240 is better.
Don't think because you have 2 in your machine it will use both. If you had 4 it wouldn't use 4.
If you knew about programing you may be able to utilise GPU cores to do different things, but from what you have said on here, that is not your expertise.
Don't over complicate things, use the GPU and that's the best you can get.

yes, it is not my expertise, i think that is very high level hardware programming. but i would really appreciate if you'd help me find out if those 3 bios options affect the onboard card video performance or ram usage :
[Quote : how should i set theese 3 options in BIOS?
"pci serr# generation" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)
"download ROM NIC" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)
"research snoop VGA palette" (not sure if it should be enabled or disabled)]

Jul 5, 2019
i am using the GPU, yes. but the onboard is activated, and CCC shows AMD Radeon Dual Graphics ENABLED. that's why i was curious if any of those affect the "HELP" GPU gets from APU.