[SOLVED] Radeon RX 570 Kinda loud?

Yuudai

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I'm wondering if anyone else who has the Radeon RX 570 8GB OC finds it a lil loud when the fans are getting up there in %,its heat drop is great when I alt tab to something else though

Solution
Side intake fans are very effective at lowering GPU temps. From my experience choose a fan that spins fairly slow (<1200rpm) since the fan noise is pretty direct to your ears.
What temps are you getting under load?
What's the fans speed in rpm?
Did this just start, or was it always bad, or has it been getting worse over time?
How long have you owned the card?
Was it new when you got it?
Are you overclocking it?
Does the situation improve drastically if you run with the side panel removed from your case?
What's the actual brand and model of your card? RX570 isn't specific enough.

Yuudai

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Under load while playing ffxiv I can get to about 64/65c and I've set it to spin at about 65% fan at those temps
Card is new,had it for like..4 days?
The card I think is stock OC

The card is a Radeon MSI RX 570 Armor 8GB OC

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
In my country (IDN) , the RX 570 known with a loud fan, not only MSI. If that happens during gaming, it's fine.
It's not the RX570 itself that causes loudness, it's a matter of what the cooler design is. MSI has quieter versions as well, with better heatsinks and fans. Other brands have their budget models, which may be somewhat loud, and other models that are quieter.
ASRock was known to have particularly noisy RX 570 and RX 580 cards. Sapphire was known to have particularly quiet ones. It's all a matter of the various cooler designs.

Yuudai

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
65C is too low. Most GPUs target about 75C by adjusting fan speed accordingly. Anything below 80C is perfectly fine.

What case do you have and what case fans are installed where (and what direction are they blowing)

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by its too low for temp

My case is cooler master k280 I have 1 fan in the front and 1 in the back,front is blowing in and rear is taking air out
I do have some new fans coming in the mail soon,to replace these as they are pretty old,also adding a side panel fan to bring air in aswell

Yuudai

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
You're being too aggressive chasing 65C. You can easily decrease your noise level a fair amount by simply targeting a more "normal" temp of ~75C.

I would definitely recommend 2 fans intake, 1 fan exhaust.

Oh! I'm going to be putting in a side fan case for another intake,it will blow pretty much right on the gpu,and I'm testing out some fan curves while playing ffxiv to see what I can do for noise..Thank you for the info and help <3

Yuudai

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Replaced all my fans,and holy <Mod Edit>,didn't realize how bad my old ones were,the new rear exhaust one is so much better,I need to learn how to turn the side fan down a bit,its lil loud from being on the case as it is,maybe thinking of getting some rubber washer to help it

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you end up getting the silicone studs, some have a "washer" that spaces the fan slightly away from the mounting surface. This is the design I use.
20pcs-lot-Computer-PC-Case-Fan-Mounting-Pin-Anti-Rivets-Silicone-Shock-Absorption-Reduction-Noise-Vibration.jpg