[SOLVED] Radeon RX 570 shutsdown in games, no signal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo0090

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Hey, i have problem with my new RTX 570, when i playing games my graphic card shutdown and there is no signal on monitor, i bought new PSU 650, but did not help.... And my motherboard is gigabyte ga z87 hd3

Solution
Normally if the GPU is overheating it will throttle down it's clock frequency, so you'd experience frame rate drops, not black screen.

Have you tried updating your graphics driver?

Failing that, I'd turn my attention to system RAM. Faulty RAM is a more apt to cause random crashes. How many sticks of what capacity do you have installed? You can run Prime95 "blend" stress test to check RAM stability. Depending on how much RAM you have installed, it could take up to 24 hours.

Yanitwei

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2016
In order to find the problem you need to exclude all possible ways.
when exactly video signal is losing ? only when you are gaming or also in desktop ?
When you are playing a lot like one or two hour or just started playing and the lights goes off ?

When graphics card shut down as you said, is the computer still running ? are the coolers still spinning ? or do you see blinking hard disk light ?

What do you do to turn it back on again ?

Jimbo0090

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
PSU is gigabyte p650b, and its weird because i playing dota 2 and signal is lost after 5 minutes, but pc still runnig i can hear sounds or i can still comunicate with someone on discord, just monitor said no signal and turn off.. but when i playing fifa 20 there is no problem...

Yanitwei

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2016
i playing dota 2 and signal is lost after 5 minutes, but pc still runnig i can hear sounds or i can still comunicate with someone on discord, just monitor said no signal and turn off..

Have you plugged in additional power cord for GPU ? Make sure it's properly plugged in.

powercolor-red-devil-rx570-power.jpg

Do you play only Fifa and Dota 2 ? When exactly the screen goes off ? after hours of gaming or might be instantly ?

Jimbo0090

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Yea its plugged, yellow diod is shining... In dota its hapened after 40 min, i restart pc and came back to the gane and its work... next game it hapened after 5 min... In dead by daylight it hapened after 5-10 min too... Iam playing fifa for 2 hours and not problem.. its weird..

Yanitwei

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2016
Ok so I looked into manuals and there's nothing mentioned about that LED.. weird.
Have you noticed are the fans on GPU spinning when the screen goes off ?
And generally are they spinning ?

idk, maybe can i somewhere in amd setting center boost voltage idk... in wattman i really dont know..
You better don't do that, boosting voltage is a serious thing, without proper knowledge and cooling you can harm you GPU

Yanitwei

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2016
LED is white all the time, when i turn off PC its still white. And they are spinning..
IDK looks like the PSU is OK, but I think there is some hardware problem, under some games load the GPU get's heated and turns off... But if the coolers are spinning there shouldn't be any problem with heating... will the screen return back again if you'll left it like that ?

Do you have another PCI-E full size slot ? Can you unplug the GPU and plug into another PCI-E slot ? it should be right below where GPU is plugged in now, try to test it in games, in same conditions, so that we will now for sure, is the issue in GPU or in motherboard/PCI-E slot connection.

Keep in mind, second full-size PCI-E slot is gonna be most probably PCI-E x8 slot in comparison with main slot which is x16. You can see there are gonna be half less pins inside the slot. However x8 is still ok for your GPU, it'll receive enough bandwidth and wont be less performing overall.

Last edited:
Normally if the GPU is overheating it will throttle down it's clock frequency, so you'd experience frame rate drops, not black screen.

Have you tried updating your graphics driver?

Failing that, I'd turn my attention to system RAM. Faulty RAM is a more apt to cause random crashes. How many sticks of what capacity do you have installed? You can run Prime95 "blend" stress test to check RAM stability. Depending on how much RAM you have installed, it could take up to 24 hours.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.