Question Radeon RX 6700 XT auto boosted for a certain game

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT,

I was wondering if I can use settings on my PC/AMD Software/AMD Ryzen Master/AI Suite 3 to boost my graphics card for playing a certain game? ie... My system/GPU will boost/overclock and my fans will compensate accordingly anytime I am running a certain game.

There's a game I run on triple monitors and I really want to max out the visual performance anytime I am playing it so want to know if a PC can be setup to automatically boost when a certain game is turned on.

In the AMD Radeon: Adrenaline Software Go to Performance -> Tuning and then Top right "Add Game Profile". Here you can max out the fans, do an overclock and increase the power limits of your GPU only for a specific game.
Overclock your GPU at your own risk although the risks are minimal these days I have the same card and I run the clockspeeds between 2600-2700MHz @1080mV with the power limit +15% and a custom fan curve.

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
In the AMD Radeon: Adrenaline Software Go to Performance -> Tuning and then Top right "Add Game Profile". Here you can max out the fans, do an overclock and increase the power limits of your GPU only for a specific game.
Overclock your GPU at your own risk although the risks are minimal these days I have the same card and I run the clockspeeds between 2600-2700MHz @1080mV with the power limit +15% and a custom fan curve.
So just use the "Adrenaline Software"? Master and AI Suite 3 won't get me anything more?

Thank you for this, "2600-2700MHz @1080mV with the power limit +15% " as I wouldn't have known where to set things.

..."and a custom fan curve"... please could you explain what this is?

Also is there any need to boost my CPU? What benefits can that bring?

So just use the "Adrenaline Software"? Master and AI Suite 3 won't get me anything more?

Thank you for this, "2600-2700MHz @1080mV with the power limit +15% " as I wouldn't have known where to set things.

..."and a custom fan curve"... please could you explain what this is?

Also is there any need to boost my CPU? What benefits can that bring?
I am not familiar with AI Suite 3 but since it's a motherboard software it will probably only affect the CPU and any setting that could affect the GPU performance will probably be tucked away in the BIOS. I recommend you turn on Smart Access Memory (SAM) in the BIOS, it should help boost your overall fps in almost all games by a few percent.

The overclock(technically an undervolt since I've reduced the voltage) may or may not work with your GPU as this is different for every GPU but you can try it out, it should boost your performance by 5-10% at most but nothing more. You can apply this overclock in the Performance -> Tuning section. If you have no prior experience in this, I would look at a guide as messing around here too much could cause issues. NOTE: Only overclock if you have the thermal headroom. If your card's hotspot temperatures underload creep up to the 90+ range, I wouldn't increase the clock speeds as it would cause it to heat up even more. 110C is the limit for your GPU's hotspot temperature and at the temperature it may crash or just slow down. You can do an automatic overclock in Performance -> Tuning section, this is probably safer to do rather than doing a manual overclock if you have no prior experience.

A custom fan curve means that you set specific values to fan speed for temperatures. You can ramp your fan speed a bit more at the cost of more noise which will keep your GPU cooler and a cooler GPU will maintain high clockspeeds more often. For example some GPUs are set to not ramp up the fan above 60% even if its overheating and applying a custom fan curve helps a lot if you want your card to run cooler. You can change the fan curve in Performance -> Tuning and under the button which is probably off called "Fan Tuning".

Your CPU is perfectly fine but any changes you do to your CPU will apply to the overall system not a specific game. A 5600X will not cause any bottlenecks for your current GPU so overclocking it may yield little to no results.

Last edited: