Question Radeon Rx 6800xt strange quiet high pitched sound when idle

May 18, 2022
Hello,

I received my rx 68ooxt just 3 days ago.
At first it sounded very quiet when idle, but then i heard a high pitched sound constantly . It is so silent as if it happens inside my head.
It sounds like a bird and a bit like a boiling kettle, but it is very quiet, but annoying when you recognize it.

I just went on research and this are the things i determined:
  • It stops when going to Youtube, DailyMotion and when i open up a video. Even when it is paused it is absent.
  • It is absent in the bios of my MSI EDGE Z690.
-It stops when playing games

Does anybody know what this is? And can i do something about it?

Grz Jerry

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Hello,

I received my rx 68ooxt just 3 days ago.
At first it sounded very quiet when idle, but then i heard a high pitched sound constantly . It is so silent as if it happens inside my head.
It sounds like a bird and a bit like a boiling kettle, but it is very quiet, but annoying when you recognize it.

I just went on research and this are the things i determined:
  • It stops when going to Youtube, DailyMotion and when i open up a video. Even when it is paused it is absent.
  • It is absent in the bios of my MSI EDGE Z690.
-It stops when playing games

Does anybody know what this is? And can i do something about it?

Grz Jerry
power supply. SOunds like coil whine

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
Open your case, roll a sheet of A4 paper into a roll an inch thick or take the inner tube from a kitchen roll and use it to pinpoint the sound by listening through the tube.

May 18, 2022
I found out its from the GPU rx 6800xt. I dual boot with Apple Monterey and on that system the sound is absent.
Another strange thing that stops the beeping whining sound ( that is even worse when moving my mouse) is when I plug in an HDMI cable and connect it to my TV and choose multiple displays

TRENDING THREADS