Question Radeon Wattman restored ?

Shyzofremnia

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2015
I have a problem with PC going freeze with blackscreen and I have to hard reset when it happens (holding power button to shutdown, then power it up again). I tried with reset button but it does nothing, it can only boot on hard shutdown. Other thing I noticed about it, it never happens when playing singleplayer games, I played Company of Heroes for few hours, Hogwarts Legacy, GTA V, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Dirt Rally, Forza Horizon 4, Tropico 4 and 6 and it never happens. When i'm playing PUBG, World of Tanks or something like that online it does happen a lot, like two times in 6 hours gaming. I tried to update drivers, tried ddu uninstall in safe mode, tried fresh windows, tried to disable AMD crash service in msconfig in services, same thing happened but without wattman notification after the restart. I have tried to undervolt, tried running stock speeds, with and w/o XMP but problem persists. I recently changed MBO to same one. BIOS is on last version, everything is up to date (windows, drivers, etc.).

My specs:
Ryzen 1600 AF
Asrock B450M Pro4-F R2.0
Crucial Ballistix 2x 8GB 3000MHz DDR4
MSI Radeon RX5700 8GB
Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W Gold 80+
XPG Spectrix 256GB
WD 1TB

I'm gaming on 1080P with AOC 27" Curved 144hz

Lutfij

Titan
tried fresh windows
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Ideally you should disconnect from the www to prevent the OS from downloading and installing drivers it thinks is right for your platform, whereby you need to manually install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, RIght click installer>Run as Administrator.

I recently changed MBO to same one.
For the sake of relevance, please include the BIOS version that you're on for your motherboard. Why did you need to change the motherboard?

How old is the PSU in your build? Might want to try and power your build with a higher wattage, better built PSU, borrowed from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.

Shyzofremnia

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2015
Windows image came from Microsoft, I installed drivers manually for graphics from AMD. Rest came from windows update, last motherboard had problems with RAM slots and ethernet connection so that's why i changed it. BIOS version is P7.40 BIOS type AMI UEFI (reading from AIDA64). PSU is old as build, almost 3 years. I don't have anyone to borrow from other PSU but I don't think it is related, since in singleplayer games it never happens as i mentioned. Only in what looks like esports games like PUBG, WOT, League of Legends etc. Yesterday I played Sons of the Forest online w/o any problem for like 3 hours. On WOT crash happens like 20 minutes after playing game maybe a bit more. Sometimes it happens once, sometimes twice.