Radiation from wired network

bajoxfy

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hello, a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer said that the level of radiation from a powerline extender(such as Netgear produce) is much greater than from a wireless network, as it has to 'overcome' the radiation of the house electrical circuit. As my daughter is chronically sick, we are very concerned to arrive at a solution which results in the lowest level of radiation possible. Can anyone give me a categoric answer? Thank you.
B. Johnson

If you remembered high school physics and biology, the energy in each photon packet will not be strong enough to break covalent bond unless it is in the UV or above frequency. Therefore, DNA damage is unlikely to be caused by radiation from wifi or powerline because their frequency is so low.

As to the combined energy, strong visible light will destroy your photoreceptor in your eyes. Inferred and microwave will disrupt secondary bond, like hydrogen bond in water (this is what happen in microwave oven); they will cook/cause burn in concentrated, high intensity beam. But wifi is very low wattage and to transmit energy from powerline, you have to either use electrical conductor or use induction (for AC current), so if your cable is insulated, you are not susceptible to it.

I think, radiation from normal wifi device should in theory poses no significant physiological response in human. I cannot recall any scientific literature with conclusive evidence suggesting any significant negative effect from use of wifi. My aunt she died from breast cancer and she had wifi at home, I don't see her life expectancy decreased significantly from what the doctor told her. In western society, poor personal hygiene, lack of exercise, environmental pollutions, stress and unbalanced diet are the most important factors contributing to poor health. By the way, I got my knowledge from my sister who recently got her medical P.hD (my parents and I are so proud + I know I will probably not as good as her) and I am on my last year of university on science degree and I took physics, human physiology, genetic and remote sensing as part of my environmental science degree, so I could be wrong.May be you want to consult a doctor. Hope your daughter get well soon.