Radiator....Intake or Exaust???

Groundphoenix

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
hi, i was just wondering. i bought the Kraken x52 by NZXT, and was wondering which way i should face it, sucking or blowing air. i have the NZXT H440 case with 3 fans in the front for Intake, and 2 fans in the back for exaust...

Solution
Where are you mounting it?
For the best processor temps, intake is best. However this floods the case with hot air.
For overall best temps, exhaust. This way it vents the processor heat directly out of the case, while only intaking slightly warmer air.

I would mount it as an exhaust.
Where are you mounting it?
For the best processor temps, intake is best. However this floods the case with hot air.
For overall best temps, exhaust. This way it vents the processor heat directly out of the case, while only intaking slightly warmer air.

I would mount it as an exhaust.

Solution

Groundphoenix

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

i would mount it at the top front of the case near the 3 intake fans..is that a good idea

Groundphoenix

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

should i make my 4th fan intake as well, if i mount the radiator in the back and the 4th fan in the front top???

rtware923

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Stock the H440 ships with 3 120mm in the front panel with 1 140 in the rear. There is actually nothing in the top by default

the H440 isn't great for water cooling, it doesn't have a top mount, where the rad usually goes in exhaust, either that or the rear.
I don't like to set up intake radiators from the front as you're essentially pulling air through the hot fins of your radiator, then into your case.
Not great for internal temps.

Groundphoenix

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

i should have mentioned that i have 5 fans currently...4 stock plus 1, which i have as exaustin the rear top

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
Try make push-pull radiator as intake, with fractal design Ventury fan an as exhaust. Adding two fans as pull-air on radiator compensate the lost of front intake air pressure. If your room temperature above 30° C, add AC or stand fan so later your room temperature as low as 15-20° C.