RAGE "Anarchy Edition" Upgrade Free, Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gameplay looks boring and the graphics stale after seeing the BF3 gameplay footage. This stinks of Doom 3 to me.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Erm.... this looks like it plays like Doom3.

I'll probably fall asleep 1/2 way through and than just get irritated in the last 1/3 of the game when I am fighting the same closet monster shit over and over again.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Looks ok, not too bad for a console port. Good thing it doesn't have to follow a game like Crysis 1 to compare it too.[/citation]

Wow, you're ignorant. The PC and Linux versions of Rage aren't going to be console ports. That isn't how iD software is.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I saw a lot of things I liked in that brief video. How about a demo? Remember when they released demos "BEFORE" a game was launched? John you know I'm going to buy it break me off a demo or something. And how about being able to play Quake 2 Multi-player though the web browser like Quake 3. I still love Q2 deathmatch most. How about at least a multi-player video. Co-Op? Help a brother wash the taste of Crysis 2 out of his mouth. Damn

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]tinmann[/nom]I saw a lot of things I liked in that brief video. How about a demo? Remember when they released demos "BEFORE" a game was launched? John you know I'm going to buy it break me off a demo or something. And how about being able to play Quake 2 Multi-player though the web browser like Quake 3. I still love Q2 deathmatch most. How about at least a multi-player video. Co-Op? Help a brother wash the taste of Crysis 2 out of his mouth. Damn[/citation]

The game comes out in September, who is to say they don't come out with a demo?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I love how much detail they put into the game, such as decals, little scratches on walls, buildings broken up with rebar and wiring coming out it just looks like what a real city would look like after 60 years of being deserted.

ra3tonite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
wish list .. . Night and day difference between pc and console versions. pc requirements, minimum 2 x 580sli or equivalent, thanks.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Are bullets made out of rubber in that game? Doesn't one shot the enemy but all throwing and magic stuff does? And bullets don't seem to even rub the environment. We're in 2011, when you shoot at things they're suppose to dent, get a hole or get destroyed. Also all the normal enemies look the same...even look the same as all other videos. It will get boring quite quickly.

Fortunately the world looks really nice though.

The AI needs a lot of extra work IMO. Other than that, looks like Borderlands in a way (gameplay), but without the coop... Which kinda was a killer feature in Borderlands :p

Come on ID, you can make it better.

Cheers!

Are bullets made out of rubber in that game? Doesn't one shot the enemy but all throwing and magic stuff does? And bullets don't seem to even rub the environment. We're in 2011, when you shoot at things they're suppose to dent, get a hole or get destroyed. Also all the normal enemies look the same...even look the same as all other videos. It will get boring quite quickly.

So...no different then CoD?

G

Definitely looks like a console port. I know ID used to develop on PC first, but I think those days are gone. Notice complete lack of self shadowing and other wordly lights at all, obvious thumb stick aiming patterns, even auto-aim. Yawn, my video card is more powerful than both consoles combined, looks like BF3 is the only thing to look forward to this year.

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
This is not a console port all 3 platforms were developed in sync with each other soon as a a decal or new item was added to 1 level created by 1 dev in 1 room anyone else playing that same area on any platform would instantly notice that item added in real time.

also the engine outputs the best quality each platform but everything is High res on the PC then instantly done on to the 360 and PS3 and optimized on the fly.

Oh and This game has color to it plenty of it they just showing a mission where it is a little Bleeker

G

Having compatible game assets is not the same as having compatible game technology. ID is a small dev team, they dont have the resources to custom code 3 different graphics engines to maximize visuals/performance on 3 distinct platforms. They write a single engine, and they make changes and tweaks to keep it compatible with other systems. Guess which system was the primary test bed. Hint: xbox 360. All development was initially started here and made sure to work on the xbox first, then ps3, then finally whatever fixes necessary to get it to work on the PC.

G

Now if this was a game like id's previous ones (not like Fallout 3) where you only generally have 1 armor in the whole game, and u find eventually a Green Armor, and then a Blue Armor (DOOM, lol), then having a nice armor upgrade at the start as a bonus would be nice. But I feel this will be just like Borderlands and Fallout 3 where you will find a few new armors within the first hour of gameplay! Same with that shotgun, and fists, nothing special. If the "Fists of RAGE" were like the Berserker fists in DOOM, then it would be AMAZING and I would buy the pre-order right away, but I highly doubt itll be anything more than a bit more powerful melee punches. Also i could care less for the rat-buggy. Not going to get the pre-order, not worth it. Just buy the game when its out on Steam, they will probably give a $5-10 discount as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.