Rage Screens Released; PS3 Better Than X360

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]voodoobunny[/nom]Oh look, id making a new game, and this one's ... all green and brown.id may still make good game engines but seriously, couldn't they come up with a new colour scheme? Compare the id games (doom/quake/rage) to things like Unreal/Tournament or Half-Life. The id games show a *serious* lack of imagination.[/citation]

Considering the franchises you are comparing id to, they all pretty much have trademark looks for their games.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]drowned[/nom]There's no need to turn this into a console fanboy war because my response is simple: if it's not on the PC then I won't be playing it, cause I like to game like a man and not some asian kid with a kungfu grip on 4 joysticks, 8 triggers, and 12 buttons.[/citation]

Racist much?

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]I think he means that the PS3 demo is now running better than the PS3 demo that they had before...But then I would choose the XBOX demo over the PS3 demo due to loading times...[/citation]

Just found this-

Willits added that all three versions of the game will look the same when the game is eventually released some time next year.

"Graphically, all three of the platforms look about the same," he said.

"There are some challenges with each of them. The PS3 version right now is more stable. So I was thinking about bringing that one [to demo at the Bethesda Gamers Day event], but we already told everyone that we were showing on 360, so we brought the 360."

http://www.videogamer.com/news/id_nothing_cut_from_rage_to_fit_on_xbox_360.html

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Game looks good! It looks like doom with the setting of the hills have eyes/the wrong turn. Looks more of a console game since its 3rd person, without a gamepad using a keyboard for 3rd person action games like r5 isnt as fun unliess the controller is wireless and connected to a 42inch like mine is...(well the 42inch part/5850 but no wireless controller)

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Tom's, please fix your crappy image gallery.
It's horrible! It's clumsy and slow.
Can't we get a simple pop-up were we can click back and forward to see all the images?
Also, does id always release such low res images? They should release some nice 1920x1200 images to really show off their stuff.

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
[citation][nom]jsm6746[/nom]next effing year!! arrrrrgh... >_<so much for the current gen of vidcards...[/citation]
If it runs on PS3 and X360 then it should run on a x1800 or 7800gt.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
hoesntly i dotn really anticipate this game or doom4 , seems like the boys at crytec , almost every new game ID does , tends to force us intoa a costly computer uopgradeto play the game. and as far as good records go , i'd ahve to say far cry , crysis were much more enjoyable games taht doom 3 was (which i found terribly mediocre and lacked teh original's fast action) . So no not really anticipating these titles. i'd be more enthused if ID was talking more about game play than graphics , but they are not all i ehare is graphics this graphics that , , thoguh ID is not the only company that is guilty of this. Now fall out vegas , tehr's a game i look forward to , uses a an older engine that can stil deliver a nice graphical punch today , and most of what teh devs are talking about , is game play features not how saucky the video looks. as for ID i'll wait for the reviews and benches before i jump at it , no point in jumping at the game if i cant run on high (or v. high) settings at the piss ass measly resolution my monitor pulls ( old 4:3 19 lcd , maxes res at 1280x1024). for that matter no point in jumpign aat teh right way if it only offers a mediocre exprience ... still wishign i ahd waited for doom3 to age some paid 50 bucks first week it came otua dn was some waht disapoitned on my odl comp since it was A mediocre ,a dn b could only run it at medium details then.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Tight mini-shorts, midriff showing, shoulder pads and boots... yeah, the girl looks hot. Can't WAIT to play it! Wait, isn't ID using EA nowadays?[/citation]

odd i heard bethesda was publishing this one ??? could be mistaken

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im so sick of this battle off consoles you realy cant compare them they are running so insanly diff hardware from wee to xbox to ps3.
its realy a matter of whot you like to spend your money on. but i do like the ps3 hand controle to bad it dont come whit drivers to the pc like 360 do ^^. i gess its all goes to whot the locked games for each party has. my favorit has been diff ewery new generation from nintendo 64 mario. to ps2 kingdom hearts 1-2 best game ewer. to xbox whit the first halo the only good one pc got rid of coop the only thing that made the game work-_-. to ps3 love hawks. hope that nintendo gets a good console next cant handle the gamecube and wii so low powered its not ewen sad.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]This is looking pretty sick.[/citation]

Honestly, they need to release this thing sooner, rather than later... It's definitely showing it's age and doesn't look nearly as "jaw-droppingly impressive" as it did when it was first shown in that QuakeCon trailer ... BACK IN 2007 ...

[citation] I hadn't heard they were porting this to consoles.[/citation]

Really?? Where've you been, mate?? This game was multi-plat from day one... Hell, they've spent the better part of a year just trying to get the frame-rates up to snuff on the PS3 version...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=220530

G

4 core 8 thread cell > 3 core ppc

x360 games are piratable, ps3 are not (til now at least) thats why x360 fanbois (most of them are pirates) get angry if an article insult their microsux x360

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS