RAGE Single-Player Lasts 15 Hours, Says Willits

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Rage, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Duke Nukem Forever are the only games I will purchase this year.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Dc licenced videogames... ill pass. Same for marvel. Comics are for books not movies or videogames.

Rage only 18 hours for the main sl tho. Seems a bit short. Ill hold off till someone that doesn't write 1 as a 9.5 tells me its worth it.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
15 hours is over double the gameplay time of most modern shooters, lets just hope it's not a repetative 15 hours. But shooters are a dime a dozen it's been a long time since an innovative one was released, can't say my hopes are very high for rage.

Hopefully i get pleasantly surprised.

slothy89

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
for a game that is primarily about the single player, the campaign should last longer than 15 hours..

48 hours at least, so those die hard gamers will have to sleep at least once before they finish it :p

but seriously, why pay $60 for a game that's no longer playable after 15-20 hours? compared to games with MP, thats appalling entertainment value..

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Dc licenced videogames... ill pass. Same for marvel. Comics are for books not movies or videogames.Rage only 18 hours for the main sl tho. Seems a bit short. Ill hold off till someone that doesn't write 1 as a 9.5 tells me its worth it.[/citation]
I bought Arkham Asylum on Steam for ~$10 and it was one of the best games I played all year.

15 hours for a single player game is more than you'll find with most FPS games. I don't think I've played one that lasted more than 10 hours except Far Cry, Far Cry 2, and maybe Borderlands.

This will probably be one of those games that I wait to get on sale if it gets decent reviews. I've wasted enough money on games this year. Only shooter I'm looking forward to is Battlefield 3.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I'm not sure Rage at this point can live up to the Hype i hope it will be a good game and i will buy it eventually but this is a new IP an with it will hopefully be different from whats out there already

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
[citation][nom]xurwin[/nom]oh really? never heard of batman arkham city?[/citation]
I personally found Arkham Asylum very, very linear. While it may have been good for a superhero game, it lacked the quality found in other games of its type. It barely amused me long enough to beat the campaign in a minuscule 6 hours.

G

what 15 houres.really?i remember when i played banjo kazooi for the n64 back in the 90's it took me about 50 hours to finish the game.

neotechi

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
whatever happened to games that lasted 40+ hrs.... seriously charging full price for 15 hrs worth of game play. I think I'm good.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]badfx77[/nom]what 15 houres.really?i remember when i played banjo kazooi for the n64 back in the 90's it took me about 50 hours to finish the game.[/citation]
This could be the same way, most likely it'll have side trips you can take like Borderlands or one of Bethesda's games.

silverthorn

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I hope i am wrong, but everything I have read so far seems to point toward this game being nothing but a console port for us PC players. And that sucks. I was looking forward to this game. Guess now I will just have to wait longer to get it until all the reviews are in to see how this does on PC.

G

Yeah I think 15 hours is the minimum, i.e. you have a walkthrough and just beat the game as straight forward as possible without wasting any time or doing any quests. Actual gameplay will be more like 30+ hrs for the average player who sits down to enjoy it.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Im done supporting games designed for consoles until the next generation of consoles comes out. These games are starting to become recycled dumbed down bullshit with a different skin on it.

So until then Im saving my money to invest in games like Battlefield 3 and Diablo III.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Meh... Super Mario Bros can be beat in 10 minutes and it's still one of the best games ever made. 15 hours is enough for me, as long as there's some replay value to the game.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]Those hours are more than enough for me. I'm going to buy the sh*t out of it[/citation]
Wow! They are selling that separately?!? ;)

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]Considering I paid $50 for homefront which had a 4 hours campaign....I'll gladly buy Rage.[/citation]

Yeah... I want my money back from that POS game. What a waste...

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I am STILL playing Oblivion, enough said. Fallout 3 wasn't wide open like ES:O so I am interested to see how Rage turns out. My purchases this year include Mass Effect 3(if/when it comes out). Portal 2. Duke Nukem Forever (seriously, who WOULDNT get this?). Crysis 2 (already purchased). Deus Ex: Human Revolution and MAYBE rage, but i doubt it.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Meh... Super Mario Bros can be beat in 10 minutes and it's still one of the best games ever made. 15 hours is enough for me, as long as there's some replay value to the game.[/citation]
Yeah, but getting to the point where you could beat most nintendo games in 10-30 minutes (warps/level skips/cheats excluded, I'm talking actually playing through the entire game) took a serious amount of practice time so it's hardly an equal comparison. Most games now-a-days do not even register on the Nintendo-Hard scale because they're so easy. Of course, even if it had 100 hours of sp play time, I'd still probably wait until the inevitable 33-50% off sale on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.