[SOLVED] RAID 1 Array that works on both windows and mac?

joerichardson

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Hi,

I've got a hackintosh setup on a seperate hard drive in my tower. I also have a windows installation on a different SSD.

I also have a 2 drive RAID 1 Array that I set up in windows disk manager to use for data storage. This isn't visible from mac os. I'm wondering if there's a way to format a RAID 1 array such that it's read/writable from both windows and mac.

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

I've got a hackintosh setup on a seperate hard drive in my tower. I also have a windows installation on a different SSD.

I also have a 2 drive RAID 1 Array that I set up in windows disk manager to use for data storage. This isn't visible from mac os. I'm wondering if there's a way to format a RAID 1 array such that it's read/writable from both windows and mac.

Thanks
Only way I can think of that would be if you had a NAS. You could attach the drive as an NFS share.
Hi,

Thanks
Only way I can think of that would be if you had a NAS. You could attach the drive as an NFS share.

Solution