Raid issue after Bios Update

KrostiPanel

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
So i updated my bios with an existing raid, when i launched it back up it had the 2 drives out of raid, which i google and people said it was normal. So im attempting to put them back into raid and its saying that its failing. Im on a z170-a and using the EZ tuning wizard to set it up. I click it and it makes the AHCI go to RAID, no idea what that means but after that it restarts, launches back up and says there only 1 drive. i click volume info and it says 1.8TB Status FAILED.

Just a update, one i click on raid volume it says this: Too rebuild a raid delete the existing raid volume first from advanced>Advanced tab>Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Volume:Volume1
RAID Level:Raid0 Stripe
Size:1.8TB
Used Physical disks(Only showing one of 2 disks)

Solution
If you care about your data and don't want to risk losing it all, I suggest you make sector-by-sector clones of the drives before "trying" anything with the originals. If you don't and mess up, you are likely going to end up with a $500+ data recovery by a professional.

DR_Luke

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
If you care about your data and don't want to risk losing it all, I suggest you make sector-by-sector clones of the drives before "trying" anything with the originals. If you don't and mess up, you are likely going to end up with a $500+ data recovery by a professional.

Solution

MightyGorilla

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
You might want to consider downgrading back to the BIOS you had- if you can. If all is well after that, backup the array volume, reinstall your bios update, and recreate the array under the new bios and copy the contents back to it. That's presuming there was some major reason you needed the bios update in the first place.