Raidmax Introduces Efficient 600W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kensingtron[/nom]Thanks for bringing this mundane piece of information to my attention. You have now consumed small peaces of life from thousands of readers that WE will never get back.[/citation]

This IS a computer and technology site, you know that right?
Plus your not helping anyone by consuming small "PIECES" of people's intelligence with your spelling.

Anyway back on topic, honestly until they build themselves a reputation for solid and reliable power supplies I won't buy from this brand. :( I'm not saying they are bad, but I like to know a brand before I buy from them.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Is this an ad or something? TBH there are a lot of good manufacturer like FSP,Seasonic making more better product than this ofcourse at a little higher price.

Still i won't buy Raidmax psu.
NOTE:I know most of the rosewill psus are crap but capstone series is good.a friend of mine runs 2500k,7950 xfire on 750w capstone unit.they highly recommended!

never thought i'd read 'raidmax psu' and 'efficient' in the same sentence. 'raidmax psu' and 'busted', 'raidmax psu' and 'stay the !@#$ away', 'raidmax psu' and 'only if you have bottmline entry level components that never taxes your hardware and pray' - yes.
anyway, the article made me chuckle. :)

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
" the PSU comes with an eco-friendly white fan with the best thermal control efficiency"......

WTF a white fan!!!! Those are so rare, I have heard that many manufacturers have had yield issues with these rare super efficient white fans. White makes all the difference, I gotta have one now!!!!!!

/end sarcasm

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
From the Raidmax website:

Our new RX-600AF PSU brings unheard of efficiency. By using small amounts of electricity to transform itself from a power supply into a brick, your computer will quickly enter a state where it is consuming no electricity at all! We believe our new Zero Current™ technology will pave the way for exciting new things to come, like our upcoming Ultra Black™ monitors, that simultaneously deliver class leading black levels and save electricity, by displaying a black screen at all times.
Sounds nifty.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]did I miss something?why so much hate on Raidmax?[/citation]
Their PSUs aren't known for their quality, rather the lack thereof.

Raidmax was the brand blown up 6/6 times at 75% load by Corsair in a rather humorous marketing video a few years ago. To me, they join Powmax and Coolmax under the generic reference "Chokemax." I won't believe this one is any different until HardwareSecrets, Jonnyguru, and/or HardOCP review it and indicate otherwise. Consider that the CM GX line, which is 80+ certified, was summarized by HardOCP as a "polished turd in a box," and I just won't trust this one until then.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]theuniquegamer[/nom]Is this an ad or something? TBH there are a lot of good manufacturer like FSP,Seasonic making more better product than this ofcourse at a little higher price.[/citation]
It's a press release from Raidmax. Tom's regularly publishes press releases from a wide variety of manufacturers. The key phrase here is "According to the manufacturer".

The Raidmax Blackstone Series uses Andyson as its OEM. It appears to be based on the Andyson F Series platform.

80 PLUS BRONZE with a 2 Year warranty, that's shorter than the industry average 3 Year warranty, is nothing to be proud of.

It's not even a new product. It's been available since 2009.

Probably a poor seller so they're trying a marketing push.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]This IS a computer and technology site, you know that right?Plus your not helping anyone by consuming small "PIECES" of people's intelligence with your spelling.[/citation]
You should probably know the difference between "your" and "you're" before you criticize someone else on their spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.