Question RAM and CPU stress test, as well video games, lowest settings, cause whole systems stutters, on completely different computers

brawnyryan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2018
This covers a lot: ram cpu no bueno - YouTube

I upgraded motherboards in both me and my girlfriends computer. The same motherboards from the same store. Both have the same problem of complete system lag when cpu and ram are tested together at the same time. I have tried 3 different sets of ram in the systems, 3 different gpus, different power supply in the 6700xt system, no avail. Reinstalled windows literally 25 times in the past week. The only thing I haven't really messed with all that much is the memory timings, but I've had gaming pc's for years and I've never had to manually change timings to create system stability. The obvious thing here to do is try a different mother board, but I would have to like go buy a motherboard, test it out, return it and I'm pretty much to the point here to where I am not spending any more money into these computers. If we can determine here this is a faulty motherboard ill just rma the 2 motherboards no problem, but I just want these systems to work right, and thought it wouldn't hurt to post here to see if maybe anyone can help me with a ram/cpu config to get stability.

I've tried windows 10 and 11 on both systems with a combination on different drivers, different bios settings, overclocking, underclocking, the changes in timings have caused no boot and when boot don't seem to help that much.

System Specs covered in video but ill include them:
CORSAIR RM850
MSI B550 GAMING PLUS
CORSAIR VENGENCE LPX 16 GB 3200mz ram (timings in video)
RYZEN 5 5600x
XFX SWFT 6700xt
Wd BLUE 500GB SSD

other pc

EVGA 750 BQ
MSI B550 GAMING PLUS
different set of 3200mz 16gbx8 ram
RYZEN 5 3600
XFX SWFT 6600
WD BLUE 500GB SSD

Thanks

(youtube video might be grainy if you see this as a fresh post but will get 1080p prob soon)

Last edited:

brawnyryan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2018
Here's a question for you: What makes you think, that both of your systems (or any system in that matter), has to remain butter smooth when you torture test CPU and RAM at the same time? :unsure:
Here's an answer for you: it stutters without torture testing it, in video games, especially in open world video games, and even in valorant, and csgo, when the ram and processor are used at the same time, like the test.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The obvious thing here to do is try a different mother board, but I would have to like go buy a motherboard, test it out, return it and I'm pretty much to the point here to where I am not spending any more money into these computers.
I upgraded motherboards

What happened to the MoBos you upgraded from?

And why to upgrade the MoBos in the first place?