Question RAM and GPU Recommendations for My Older PC

Sep 19, 2022
Hi all :)

I am upgrading my older PC. I have added an SSD where I have migrated my Windows (7 Ultimate). Now onto choosing RAM and GPU. I'd appreciate your recommendations. I would like to get the best I can out of my CPU and motherboard without overdoing it and wasting resources I would not be able to use anyway with the current set-up.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500
Motherboard: MSI PH61A-P35 (MS-7732)

Current GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670
Current RAM: two 4 GB Corsair Vengeance

So naturally I would be going for two 8 GB RAMs. Appreciate to get the best choice on that. As for the GPU, if I can get my hands on an older-generation top GPU, that has had a drop in price and corresponds with the capabilities of my set-up, would be ideal. I'd like to be able to do some video editing and photoshopping on the lighter side down the way. I don't play video games.

Much obliged!

Last edited:
Hi all :)

I am upgrading my older PC. I have added an SSD where I have migrated my Windows (7 Ultimate). Now onto choosing RAM and GPU. I'd appreciate your recommendations. I would like to get the best I can out of my CPU and motherboard without overdoing it and wasting resources I would not be able to use anyway with the current set-up.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500
Motherboard: MSI PH61A-P35 (MS-7732)

Current GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670
Current RAM: two 4 GB Corsair Vengeance

So naturally I would be going for two 8 GB RAMs. Appreciate to get the best choice on that. As for the GPU, if I can get my hands on an older-generation top GPU, that has had a drop in price and corresponds with the capabilities of my set-up, would be ideal. I'd like to be able to do some video editing and photoshopping on the lighter side down the way. I don't play video games.

Much obliged!
https://www.newegg.com/crucial-16gb..._content=7bbe7f01-9a71-433d-bdb6-d0a8d266a2c1

Reactions: Cissaro
Sep 19, 2022
So I narrowed down my options to these four GPU's for my setup I mentioned above. Would appreciate to get your feedback on them. Thank you!

ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 3.0, 4GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, Axial-tech Fan Design)

Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition DVI-D HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (PH-GTX1050TI-4G) Graphic Cards

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 D6 4GB GDRR6 128-Bit HDMI/DP Graphics Card (GTX 1650 D6 Ventus XS OCV1)

MSI Computer V809-2277R Video Card (GTX 1050 TI 4GT OC)

So I narrowed down my options to these four GPU's for my setup I mentioned above. Would appreciate to get your feedback on them. Thank you!

ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 3.0, 4GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, Axial-tech Fan Design)

Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition DVI-D HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (PH-GTX1050TI-4G) Graphic Cards

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 D6 4GB GDRR6 128-Bit HDMI/DP Graphics Card (GTX 1650 D6 Ventus XS OCV1)

MSI Computer V809-2277R Video Card (GTX 1050 TI 4GT OC)
I think you will find the 1650 wins in perf.