[SOLVED] Ram and motherboard compatibility..

Dec 7, 2018
I need to know that, can I use 1 single RAM stick on MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard? And the RAM is Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 cmk8gx4m1a2400c16r..

Solution
It will probably work, but I would not recommend it. Ryzen CPUs depend on RAM performance and running a single stick of RAM in a dual channel motherboard is going to hurt performance.

If you go with one stick now and get another later, that may not work as mixing and matching RAM does not always work well togther, even of the same model. This is why RAM is sold in kits as they are tested to work together.

In the end, it should work, but it will hurt performance and may cause a headache down the road. I would also spring for 3000mzh or higher RAM. Look for a 2x4gb kit of 3000mzh DDR4 RAM>
It will probably work, but I would not recommend it. Ryzen CPUs depend on RAM performance and running a single stick of RAM in a dual channel motherboard is going to hurt performance.

If you go with one stick now and get another later, that may not work as mixing and matching RAM does not always work well togther, even of the same model. This is why RAM is sold in kits as they are tested to work together.

In the end, it should work, but it will hurt performance and may cause a headache down the road. I would also spring for 3000mzh or higher RAM. Look for a 2x4gb kit of 3000mzh DDR4 RAM>

Solution
Dec 7, 2018

Ryzen 2600/2600x

Dec 7, 2018

Actually the problem is I have 1x8gb DDR4 2400 Ram. :(

Sell the stick of RAM and use the money from it to go to a new set.

Dec 7, 2018

Oke, thanks for help. :)