Apr 11, 2011
Hi,
I have been using a fanless passively cooled Akasa Euler S with
  • GIGABYTE GA-H81TN motherboard
  • Intel i5 4590T CPU
  • Kingston SSDNow mS200 120GB (SMS200S3120G) Esata SSD
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (BLS4G3N169ES4) RAM
  • Windows 10

A while back i got a blue screen and the system crashes and started up without problems.
I became worried and installed CPUID to monitor the system temperatures during streaming and light gaming.
The CPU hovered around an acceptable 40-60°C
The SSD reached up to 70°C ! (70 is the use limit according to manuf specs)
The RAM even got up to 80°C !

The case is hot but still touchable.

Im not sure what to do here! I considered stick on heat sinks but i wonder if that is even going to make a difference in a passive case.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

Mind sharing a link to the ram and SSD you've got? As for your motherboard, could you check and see what your current motherboard's BIOS version is? Also, when in OS GUI while the system is idling(assuming you're in a Windows OS environment), what sort of system usages are you seeing in Task Manager>Processes.

pinooooo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Happy New Year!

Mind sharing a link to the ram and SSD you've got? As for your motherboard, could you check and see what your current motherboard's BIOS version is? Also, when in OS GUI while the system is idling(assuming you're in a Windows OS environment), what sort of system usages are you seeing in Task Manager>Processes.

Hi Lutfij also happy new year to you!

This is the SSD
https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/discontinuedmodels?partid=SMS200S3/120G

I cant find the RAM manuf link but i added the part number to the first post.
During the max temp i was running WinDirStat disk usage viewer or playing 2D games via steam.

In task manager he CPU usage was steady around 40% RAM steady around 60%
disk between 30 and 70%

During idle the CPU is at 12%, RAM at 54% and disk 0%.

At idle Chrome 600MB, service host: bcastDVRUserservice 150MB and antimalware service executable 115MB take up most memory.

Does that give any insight?