Ram at 3200mhz compatibility

Apr 15, 2018
Motherboard: MSI b350 Gaming Plus
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHZ 2x8GB
CPU: Ryzen7 1700x

my question is , will the ram run at 3200 mhz on that motherboard today with latest bios update? Ive been reading around many issues with the motherboard regarding reaching 3200mhz however most posts are 1 year old and there has been lots of bios updates ever since , they denote "Memory compatibility issue improved" on the MSI Forums. My previous Ram was working fine at the advertised 3000 mhz , but I wanted to verify if my new ram will run at the 3200mhz before I order it.

I am building a second computer soon and my option of motherboard for that one was the b350 gaming pro carbon from MSI aswell so if it works on that one then I could just swap around the motherboards , but im hoping it works on both so I can use 3200 on both PC's and not go through the hassle of switching motherboard around inside my case.

neieus

Distinguished
I can't speak on the compatibility with that memory with that board however if you purchase memory from the QVL listing then you're more than likely to find a kit that will work. In the event you purchase memory that doesn't work you can use the Ryzen DRAM calculator to find the manual timings to make it work which is what I was able to do. Without the calculator the best i could do was 3066 but now I'm running my Gskill Ripjaws V 3200 @ 3266.

Apr 15, 2018
I cant find that specific Ram in the QVL but some people say it will still work , some people say it might work etc. But like I said its one year old posts. Also I just really like the aesthetics the Trident Z RGB bring to the table , but if its not a guaranteed 3200 then ill just find something else.