Question Ram b1 and b2 slots are just not working

Jul 11, 2024
Whenever i put any tam into my A slots its perfectly fine but when i try do any combination using the B slots my monitor doesnt turn on or pc turns on and off. Also, when i use b slots the cpu light on my EZ debug leds turns on for some reason. My ram is compatible with eachother and they both work.

Ryzen 5 5600g
RX 6600xt
4x8gb 3200Mhz corsair vengance
MSI 450B pro vdg max

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the rams don't work on particular slots on your motherboard, then it's possible that the channel responsible for them on your processor's IMC(integrated memory controller) has conked out.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Have you verified that the rams work on another platform? Are you mixing and matching sticks of ram? I see 4 sticks listed in specs, got a link to them? Also, would be a good idea to see what PCB revisions they are.

My ram is compatible with eachother
this is only 100% sure if the modules are actually packaged together.
they both work
how are you testing them;
in another known working system,
in DIMM slots A_2 & B_2, etc?

if you have only tried each kit in DIMM slots A_1 & A_2 then you don't actually know if they work in dual channel mode for sure.

Jul 11, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the rams don't work on particular slots on your motherboard, then it's possible that the channel responsible for them on your processor's IMC(integrated memory controller) has conked out.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Have you verified that the rams work on another platform? Are you mixing and matching sticks of ram? I see 4 sticks listed in specs, got a link to them? Also, would be a good idea to see what PCB revisions they are.
Hello again, well ive been tryna fix this for a while now. I tried downloading my newest version of bios and that didnt work however i put in a ryzen 5 2400g into my motherboard and that made my slots work. I dont know if this means that my cpu is faulty or if my motherboard is just no compatible with my cpu because its a older version.