RAM brands & WdFilter error

jonas_kyogre

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
i just want to ask about this error because within this week i already had 2 bluescreens and i'm starting to worry.... i recently upgraded my RAMS to 16gb because i'm binging on assassins creed odyssey... but with 2 different kinds... one is my old which is an Avexir Core Series 8GB DDR4-2400 and the other is a Gskill Aegis 8GB DDR4-2400... when i googled about the bluescreen error it says "the error is caused by either the RAM or HDD" i have a 1TB 2 year old HDD and i stopped defragging it a year ago...soo is the error because of my RAM or my HDD? i just need some clarity with what is causing this error because i lost my receipt on my RAM purchase and i'm kinda broke at the moment... THANK YOU!

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not a fan of mixing and matching rams. If anything they look like a cumulative number on paper but in reality they make you want to rip your hair out. I'd advise on buying a dual channel ram kit and also making sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Just for the sake of relevance, please state your full system specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

FYI, defragmenting your HDD reduces it's lifespan. Defragmenting an SSD cripples it.

jonas_kyogre

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017

CPU: core i5 6400
MoBo: GA-H110M-DS2
HDD: WD 1TB
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti StormX
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 550W
Chassis: Aerocool Strike-X One