Question Ram channel

chinugarnaik9

Commendable
Apr 21, 2018
I have 8gb 2400mhz and I bought 8gb 3000mhz when I put them in 1&3 my pc gets restarts automatically some time. but when I put them in 1&2 it works fin why. I have aorus z370 ultra gaming 2.0 mother board.

That kind of combination has no guarantee to be compatible together. As with any kind of randomly selected memory modules that have never been tested together before, results can be anything from not booting up at all to working at various speeds, timings, and voltages. The slots you choose to put the modules in can give you Single Channel mode or Dual Channel mode.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i think that on your motherboard slots 1 and 2 are the same channel 1, so when you connect those modules in those slots the system handles them ith the speed of the slowest module and the timings of the slowest module, so it gives you 16gbs single channel

when you use channel 1 and 3 it tries to do dual chanel and fails because each module has different settings

try to use slots 2 and 4, instead of 1 and 3, see if that boots and gives you dual channel
the reason to try 2 and 4 is because on some motherboards slot 2 and 4 are the first slots on each channel, contrary to the logic that tells you that 1 and 3 should be the first ones, some motherboards are like this, my gigabyte is like this

if it gives you dual channel it will be at the speed and timings of the slowest module