Question RAM compatibility for Asus motherboard ?

patrikrk13

Reputable
Dec 29, 2020
I found a open box Asus Tuf B650 Plus motherboard ( non-wifi ) for just 120£ ( 130$ )

My questions are:

1. i want to buy the Lexar 32gb 6000 cl 30 or 6400 cl 32 RAM but neither of them are listed on the asus tuf compatibility page, just the 16gb kit ?

2. I could just upgrade to a Gigabyte B650 AX but neither of them have the Lexar RAM on there compatibility list ?

I found a open box Asus Tuf B650 Plus motherboard ( non-wifi ) for just 120£ ( 130$ )

My questions are:

1. i want to buy the Lexar 32gb 6000 cl 30 or 6400 cl 32 RAM but neither of them are listed on the asus tuf compatibility page, just the 16gb kit ?

2. I could just upgrade to a Gigabyte B650 AX but neither of them have the Lexar RAM on their compatibility list ?

Compatibility lists are notoriously short because of shear number of memory modules and they are not willing to test them all or greater number, It should be enough to look for RAM modules that are within same parameters as those in QVL and what limits MB supports.
Actually, there's limited number of RAM chip manufacturers and most RAM makes are just packaging them. Some of best DDR5 are now with Hynix-a chips. For AMD look for RAM that supports EXPO or XMP whatever MB BIOS supports.

PS.
Why are you looking for single 32GB stick? For same frequency you could lose 30-50 % performance if not a pair in dual channel configuration. 2x16GB will outperform 1x32GB by that much.