[SOLVED] RAM compatibility for hp laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni04

Prominent
May 10, 2022
Good morning, I have a hp 15s-eq2006sl, I want to add 8gb and I was wondering if I can add a M471A1K43DB1-CWE whereas the one already in my laptop is a m471a1g44ab0-cwe, this one I can't find it or is very expensive. Thank you

Edit: otherwise I was thinking to take 2 Crucial CT8G4SFRA32A to be safe. How do I know if they are compatible with my hp?

Solution
Probably it will work, but anytime you combine memory that did not come together in one kit, and was tested at the factory for compatibility, you are rolling the dice against the possibility that they will not play nice together. Even when it is the EXACT SAME part number, but purchased separately.

That being said, the part number you have suggested seems to be only about four dollars less than the actual part number you have already. If I have to roll the dice anyhow, I'm going to hedge my bets by going with an identical part number every time. Laptops are somewhat more forgiving in some cases, especially on older DDR3 systems, than a lot of desktops, but some HP boards can be finicky as well so it could really go either way...
Probably it will work, but anytime you combine memory that did not come together in one kit, and was tested at the factory for compatibility, you are rolling the dice against the possibility that they will not play nice together. Even when it is the EXACT SAME part number, but purchased separately.

That being said, the part number you have suggested seems to be only about four dollars less than the actual part number you have already. If I have to roll the dice anyhow, I'm going to hedge my bets by going with an identical part number every time. Laptops are somewhat more forgiving in some cases, especially on older DDR3 systems, than a lot of desktops, but some HP boards can be finicky as well so it could really go either way.

Here is correct part number, only about four bucks more than what I'm seeing that other part number going for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-8G...top-Memory-RAM-M471A1G44AB0-CWE-/324382432040

Reactions: Lutfij
Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you want to perform a ram upgrade, either source an identical stick of ram that came bundled with the laptop or source a 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz ram kit. In fact, I'd suggest brands like Corsair, G.Skill, Klevv or Crucial. Also, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop prior to performing any storage or memory upgrades.

if you're still wondering why not to mix and match ram sticks, think of them like wearing shoes. Having two different sticks of ram are akin to you wearing a clown shoe on one foot and a sneaker on the other. To that extent, a different spec'd stick of ram can come from a different assembly line within the same factory, which also affects the sort of binning on memory chips = stability comes into question.

Samsung memory is of the highest quality Lutfij. These other aftermarket brands generally source Samsung memory chips for use in assembling their own memory modules on their higher end products. Obviously, Corsair and G.Skill are quality products as well, but for laptops especially, Samsung memory is very good.

Giovanni04

Prominent
May 10, 2022
Wow that was quick, thank you guys. Darkbreeze the thing is that I live in Italy and it says it could even arrive in july:tearsofjoy:
You mentioned that a kit of two memories is always best, so I found Crucial 2x8 CT2K8G4SFRA32A for 80 euros and Corsair 2x8 CMSX16GX4M2A3200C22 for 100 euros. I use my pc to run trading online softwares and many chrome tabs with an additional monitor, I also play total war warhammer 2. Would there be a significant difference beetween the two ones? And are they even compatible with my pc?
Thanks again guys

Good morning, I have a hp 15s-eq2006sl, I want to add 8gb and I was wondering if I can add a M471A1K43DB1-CWE whereas the one already in my laptop is a m471a1g44ab0-cwe, this one I can't find it or is very expensive. Thank you

Edit: otherwise I was thinking to take 2 Crucial CT8G4SFRA32A to be safe. How do I know if they are compatible with my hp?
Go here and run the scanner see what it shows.
Crucial
In the upper right there is a flag.......select Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.