RAM compatibility Issue

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Hi
I just selected these specs for my new ryzen PC build!
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Gigabyte AORUS B450 Elite
Toshiba 1TB HDD Sata 7200RPM
now the last thing is the ram issue!
I can buy them in Chile because my brother is there!
I have selected these RGB rams by Crucial & only one by HyperX
these are the links
1- https://www.pcofertas.cl/8gb-rgb-ddr4-3000-mt-s-pc4-24000.html
2- https://www.infor-ingen.com/tienda/index.php?route=product/product&path=73_74_89&product_id=792
3- https://sistemax.cl/index.php?route=product/product&path=73_74_76&product_id=1644
4- https://www.wei.cl/producto/5BF43AEC9E
all the prices are in chilean peso!
As all the RGBs lighting!
When I visited Crucial website and check the compatibility, they say these are compatible with AORUS B450 ELITE.
but when I visited Gigabyte site and check the compatibility its list does not have included even single ram!
Now tell me what should i do?
which manufacturer is good among HyperX Crucial G-skill Corsair T-f & why?
also i need suggestions about rams that which ram bus speed i should prefer to boost up my system at very efficient gaming and multi tasking works?
Which bus speed perfectly match with my processor to work fast?
If you have any suggestions then tell me surely i will see them!
thanks

Solution
That is wrong. Pretty much all consumer memory has some kind of XMP profile. I have personally only EVER seen server ECC memory NOT have an XMP profile aside from very old memory modules. All modern memory that is DDR3 or DDR4 WILL have an XMP profile of some kind. Whether it is an Intel set of configurations meant for Intel platforms mostly, or an AMP/DOCP profile or even XMP profile meant for AMD, is a different question, but it WILL have a profile of some kind if it is compatible with your system.

And now I'm done here, because this is beginning to feel like somebody is trolling me.
Those are the list of USER verified memory module part numbers that are KNOWN to be compatible with Ryzen chipsets. If you get a memory module from among the list of part numbers listed on that page, it will almost certainly be compatible.

IF you stick to DDR4 3000 or 3200mhz modules with a CL14 (CAS14) latency, they will almost assuredly be using Samsung B-die memory chips which Ryzen tends to favor highly. For any Ryzen system, a 3000 or 3200mhz module with a CL 14 latency is practically guaranteed to work very well but obviously those are more expensive so any of the modules listed in the spreadsheet on that page should be fine.

Gigabyte isn't going to be any help to you. Those idiots are worse than going to Reddit for help.

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah maybe you are right! But I did not received any mail from from Gigabyte. In short you are saying that 2400mhz or 2666mhz can also work with ryzen chip and availible in low prices! Whether 3000mhz or higher modules will work best but they are expensive! Right?
Above mentioned links I m going to make my choice in the following parts number:
1- HyperX SKU# HX429C15PB3A / 8 2933MHz
2- Crucial SKU # BLT8G4D26BFT4K 2666MHz
3- Crucial SKU # BLT8G4D30BET4K 3300MHz
4- Team Force SKU # TF3D48G2666HC15B01 2666MHz
5- Crucial SKU # BLT8G4D30BET4K 3000MHz
Can you tell me that all these works fine or not? Because I am trying to stick with RGB RAMs! But in case, these RGBs not matched with Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite then I can go to simple RAMs too but the main question is that which bus speed should be paired with Ryzen 5 2400G for a high or extreme performance in order to get most out of processor?
Thanks

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Yes, You are right I am gonna making my mind to getting Crucial ones 3000MHz or HyperX ones 2933MHz!
But the question is that which is good maker? Both supports XMP??? so that I can overclock RAM? and How much it can overclock?

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

ok! I need to know about XMP profile? I know we can overclock RAM by using XMP profile, but I need to know that XMP supported RAMs are separate or mentioned above RAMs supports XMP?
Waiting for good answer

ALL memory has either an XMP or AMP profile. Well, all consumer aftermarket memory anyhow. There are ECC memory modules, which do not really concern you, that probably do not have them, but any memory you buy that is compatible with YOUR system, will have a profile or two built in.

I'm not sure what your question is really, but rest assured that either of those modules should work on any Ryzen chipset or motherboard.

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

I want to ask that overclock RAM (XMP) does effect the performance of the system, increase system speed? And every RAM can be use in XMP or specific XMP supported RAMs should be used?
If XMP effects my system speed largely then I will surely go for it otherwise I will not!
Thanks

Yes, it definitely affects performance IF the XMP profile is significantly higher than the default speed. If your default speed is 2400mhz but you get a module that is only 2666mhz, and then set the XMP profile, it's not going to be much faster than at 2400mhz. If you get a module that is 3000mhz or faster though, then the XMP profile is going to offer noticeably faster performance in a lot of applications and games, ESPECIALLY on Ryzen with it's infinity fabric architecture.

Memory speed has a HUGE impact with Ryzen platforms.

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

Got it! Does every RAM supports XMP or specific RAMs support XMP profiles???

Ever memory module out there that is DDR3 or DDR4 CONSUMER memory, not for servers or workstations that use error correction checking (And probably even some of those), has some kind of profile built in nearly all the time. I've not seen one that did not unless somebody had modified the module.

That is wrong. Pretty much all consumer memory has some kind of XMP profile. I have personally only EVER seen server ECC memory NOT have an XMP profile aside from very old memory modules. All modern memory that is DDR3 or DDR4 WILL have an XMP profile of some kind. Whether it is an Intel set of configurations meant for Intel platforms mostly, or an AMP/DOCP profile or even XMP profile meant for AMD, is a different question, but it WILL have a profile of some kind if it is compatible with your system.

And now I'm done here, because this is beginning to feel like somebody is trolling me.

Solution

rohaansaifi895

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018

Thanks for the best answer!!!