Question RAM Compatibility

YourObserver

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Hello.
I have a question concerning RAM compatibility. I am planning to build a PC in the near future. My build is summarized in this pcpartpicker link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t8F2cY
As you can see I have put two different memory kits. The G.Skill (F4-3000C16D-16GISB) one is not compatible with the Tomahawk and the R3 2200G according to the manufacturers site (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-mem-13). But it is compatible with the R5 2600 (also on the motherboards site). The other memory kit (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15) is compatible with both CPU's. As I want to upgrade my CPU after buying a GPU I would like to know if the extra money on the corsair memory is necessary or not.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Seems you got an answer that you did not like.
I think if you ask for advice you should consider taking it;
Buy the corsair kit that is compatible with both processors.
I see too many posts with ryzen ram issues; better to be supported for certain.

As an alternative, go to a ram web site like Corsair and access their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and perhaps processor and you will get a list of supported kits.
Should you have a problem with one of the supported kits you will get assistance from corsair.

What is your timeframe for upgrading cpu or graphics?
You are paying extra for the very good 2200g integrated graphics.
If integrated is not going to be good for long, perhaps your strategy should change.

Last edited:

YourObserver

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Hello and thank all of you kindly for replying to my post.
Apparently there are different opinions on this topic so I am glad that this question was not that unnecessary.
I am going to write the vendor of these sticks if a return after testing would be possible so I can order the cheaper ones first.
@geofelt:
The integrated graphics should last me about 6-12 months then buying a gpu and possibly a new cpu. The building of the PC is more a little side project in my free time so I am not that concerned about finding the optimal upgrade path.

Thanks again for all your nice replies.
Greetings.