[SOLVED] RAM compatibility

Stefanovski

Commendable
Jun 17, 2021
Hi! I have a Nitro 5 AN515-52-58Y0 (Intel 200 series chipset) with i5 8300H, 1050 Ti and I want to upgrade it's RAM (currently I have 8GB 2666MHz CL19 SODIMM PC4-21300 260 pin - SK Hynix).
On every forum that I checked, people recommend Crucial, but I want this RAM:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Memory-Kit/p/CMSX16GX4M2A2666C18#tab-overview

or

The HyperX Impact modules have XMP, so I borrowed one from a friend to check if it runs at full 2666MHz and yes, in CPU-Z it shows that it works, but I'm kinda affraid that my system's gonna be unstable.
So, what should I buy? It all have the approximately same price. :)

Hey there,

The good thing about laptops are that they are much more forgiving than desktop mobo's for mem compatibility and mixing DIMMs

If I were you, I'd simply buy one 8gb 2666mhz ram module, with CL19 timings. Pop it in with your current SO-DIMM and you should be good to go. Yes, you could go with the kit 2 x8gb kit (not necessary) and have CL18 timings with more costs (for the kit). However, the difference between CL18 and CL19 for gaming will give very little performance increase. Mostly only in synthetic benchmarks.

Reactions: Stefanovski

Stefanovski

Commendable
Jun 17, 2021
Hey there,

The good thing about laptops are that they are much more forgiving than desktop mobo's for mem compatibility and mixing DIMMs

If I were you, I'd simply buy one 8gb 2666mhz ram module, with CL19 timings. Pop it in with your current SO-DIMM and you should be good to go. Yes, you could go with the kit 2 x8gb kit (not necessary) and have CL18 timings with more costs (for the kit). However, the difference between CL18 and CL19 for gaming will give very little performance increase. Mostly only in synthetic benchmarks.

I want to buy a 2x8GB kit because the one I already have it's faulty (forgot to mention that, my bad). :)
Thx for answering!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead