Question Ram compatibility

Sep 30, 2022
I'm trying to find out if Expo ram is compatible with intel motherboards. I know that Xmp is compatible with zen4 boards. However, I haven't seen much about there being compatibility between expo and Intel's boards. All I could find was some article that states the expo ram would have a docp profile on intel motherboards. Is there any performance impact when putting ram with expo into an intel system?

I'm trying to find out if Expo ram is compatible with intel motherboards. I know that Xmp is compatible with zen4 boards. However, I haven't seen much about there being compatibility between expo and Intel's boards. All I could find was some article that states the expo ram would have a docp profile on intel motherboards. Is there any performance impact when putting ram with expo into an intel system?
XMP is Intel's name for preset(s) to clock RAM and set latency and other values for best operation.
DOCP is what Asus calls XMP. No matter if Intel or AMD platform.
JEDEC is who sets standards for all RAM. It's base values to which all BIOS have to conform to.
BIOS, Even Intel may not and often don't use all the values from XMP. There was an attempt from AMD to make own replacement for XMP but was just a name change. Intel charges royalty for XMP name.
For DDR5, AMD has released own replacement for XMP to sit their BIOS better but that's not reason it shouldn't work with Intel platform same way AMD was coping with XMP.