[SOLVED] RAM frequency problem?

Jul 24, 2021
hello world, i have a dq77cp mobo with i5 3550 which support up to 1600 frequencies and i just buy second hand vengeance pro 2400 16 gb,
checking on cpuz the ram is running at 665.5 Mhz, it should be at least 1600 mhz or am i wrong?

Solution
checking on cpuz the ram is running at 665.5 Mhz, it should be at least 1600 mhz or am i wrong?
then you're running the ram at 1333Mhz. The ram you did mention wouldn't run at 2400mhz since the motherboard don't have such a feature, which i believe you're running on a oem Intel Q77 desktop motherboard.

1600MHz should be more than enough, if the motherboard allows for adjusting the ram timing, go for 1600mhz @ CL 9-9-9-24.

But for a collector item, then i think its fine, since it's pretty hard to find :D
then you're running the ram at 1333Mhz. The ram you did mention wouldn't run at 2400mhz since the motherboard don't have such a feature, which i believe you're running on a oem Intel Q77 desktop motherboard.

1600MHz should be more than enough, if the motherboard allows for adjusting the ram timing, go for 1600mhz @ CL 9-9-9-24.

But for a collector item, then i think its fine, since it's pretty hard to find :D

Reactions: alessiouchiha91
Solution
Memory • Four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets • Support for DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz DIMMs • Support for 1 Gb, 2 Gb, and 4 Gb memory technology • Support for up to 32 GB of system memory with four DIMMs using 4 Gb memory technology • Support for non-ECC memory • Support for 1.5 V (standard voltage) and 1.35 V (low voltage) JEDEC memory •---------> Support for XMP memory Note: DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs are only supported by 3rd generation Intel Core processor family processor<------ Your motherboard should support 1600mhz with your cpu. Use xmp in bios to try and set it to 1600mhz.

Jul 24, 2021
Can you post the cpuz read out for the memory? Also what is your pc setup?
Now im at work i'll post in the evening thank you

The ram you did mention wouldn't run at 2400mhz since the motherboard don't have such a feature
I know i just buyed it second hand, but my target was the hyper x fury1600 but the seller already sold it and he gave me those for the same price xD but i mean at least those should run at 1600
Can be a bios update able to fix it?
My bios last update is 2012 btw

Jul 24, 2021
Memory • Four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets • Support for DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz DIMMs • Support for 1 Gb, 2 Gb, and 4 Gb memory technology • Support for up to 32 GB of system memory with four DIMMs using 4 Gb memory technology • Support for non-ECC memory • Support for 1.5 V (standard voltage) and 1.35 V (low voltage) JEDEC memory •---------> Support for XMP memory Note: DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs are only supported by 3rd generation Intel Core processor family processor<------ Your motherboard should support 1600mhz with your cpu. Use xmp in bios to try and set it to 1600mhz.
I will try thank you

Now im at work i'll post in the evening thank you

I know i just buyed it second hand, but my target was the hyper x fury1600 but the seller already sold it and he gave me those for the same price xD but i mean at least those should run at 1600
Can be a bios update able to fix it?
My bios last update is 2012 btw

IF the motherboard allows you to set the timings manually you can dial in at 1600 and test it for stability...I'd recommend loose ram timings to start and tighten them while testing for stability until you hit the memory rated timings.

If it's not stable at stock voltage for the ram you can give .05 to .1 v more to the memory and if it's still not stable also try a boost of .05 or less to the motherboard chipset if those options are available in the BIOS.

Like what i said, having those kits for collectable thing is pretty fine, you could update the bios if you find the bios file online, also that ram will run at 1600mhz just fine. Im using the same cpu generation as yours, and im using a 2133MHz ddr3 2x8gb kit (team vulcan) on a Gigabyte B75, pretty much ok :D

TRENDING THREADS