Question Ram from different companies

DKbase

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019
Can i pick 1x8gb from brand
And buy another 8gb stick from another brand?

And what if there speed are different?

It might work. It might not. The only way to be sure is to try it. In my experience (100+ memory upgrades on customers' computers), it works about 90%-95% of the time.

The times where it doesn't work are rare enough that I don't have a problem taking a chance. I just make sure I buy the memory from a store which lets me return it for a full refund (no restock fee). I'm a bit fortunate that Newegg is just 5 minutes from where I work.

If you're building a completely new system, then it's always advisable to buy the memory in matched pairs. But people asking your question are usually looking to upgrade a system by adding memory, or using memory modules from a different (broken) computer in a new one.

Just be sure to test the crap out of it (memtest, multi-hour gaming sessions with memory use near 100%). If you take too long to find out it occasionally glitches and doesn't work, you'll be outside the store's return window. Virtually every memory manufacturer provides a lifetime guarantee, but you still have to pay for shipping. It's a lot easier if you can just take it back to the store where you bought it.

Usually, the chances are IN your favor if the memory has speed and timings consistent with, and within, the JEDEC standards. For modern Intel that's generally 2666mhz or lower for 8th and 9th gen, 2400mhz or lower for 7th gen and 2133mhz for 6th gen. For Ryzen, that's generally 2133mhz. Anything outside the JEDEC standards and you begin rolling the dice. It might work, or it might not.

Variables that might affect the probability of it working including HOW MANY modules are involved, because with four sticks the chances are much greater that one of them OR one of two sets, might not play nice with the other, how far apart the profile timings are, what the speed differences are (If any) and also what the motherboard and CPU in use are because those can absolutely be a factor as well.