Ram in slot 2 and 4 800mhz

G

ok my ram sticks are in slot 2 and 4, slot 1 3 are empty, does this effect my ram speeds or anything or does it run the same, also they are meant to run at 2400mhz but are only running at 800mhz, i changed it in the bios is this because the process it is running at the time of checking don't need the ram to go faster, my pc is set to balanced power setting instead of high performance could this effect cpu or ram in anyway, and would setting it to high performance cause my battery psu to become loud. sorry there are a few things i need help with i hope someone can please help will rate best answer quickly thanks.

Solution
You may need to set the XMP profile from your BIOS so they can work at 2400 MHz. For them to work in dual channel check your motheboard's manual to see which slots work in dual channel or see the slots with the same color.

The real speed of RAM is half of they advertise, 2400 MHz is actually 2400 MT/s bidirectional or 1200 MHz on each direction (send and receive).

By default, RAM sticks work at its native speed or at the maximum speed the controller supports, even if they are higher clocked, today is usually 1600MT/s (800MHz). Sometimes you have to set the higher speeds in the BIOS with the XMP profiles.

Brunostako

Honorable
You may need to set the XMP profile from your BIOS so they can work at 2400 MHz. For them to work in dual channel check your motheboard's manual to see which slots work in dual channel or see the slots with the same color.

The real speed of RAM is half of they advertise, 2400 MHz is actually 2400 MT/s bidirectional or 1200 MHz on each direction (send and receive).

By default, RAM sticks work at its native speed or at the maximum speed the controller supports, even if they are higher clocked, today is usually 1600MT/s (800MHz). Sometimes you have to set the higher speeds in the BIOS with the XMP profiles.

Solution
G

ok great would my pc have a problem starting back up if i switch the sticks to slot 1 and 3 ? thanks

G

Its gigabyte Ga-990-ud5