jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
specs

AMD athlon ii x2 240 cpu

biostar a780l3g ver.6.x motherboard

2 x 2gb ddr3 kingston ram 1333mhz ( ram model: kvr1333d3s8n9 )

gtx 550 ti gpu

core elite 650w psu

hi, good day to all. im having a weird problem on my pc right now.its about a RAM problem.

well first of all when i install BOTH ram on the slot my pc freezes on startup. but when i install only one ( either of those two 2gb ram ) my pc works just fine. i also tried installing either one of my ram on both of the slot and its working.

whats troubling me is when i install my friend's both 2gb 1060 ram, both of them works (specific model : hmt125u6tfr8c-h9).

Can you guys help me troubleshoot whats wrong? ( i include my cpuid file for better specification)

JAY-PC.html

Solution
specs

AMD athlon ii x2 240 cpu

gtx 550 ti gpu

core elite 650w psu

hi, good day to all. im having a weird problem on my pc right now.its about a RAM problem.

well first of all when i install BOTH ram on the slot my pc freezes on startup. but when i install only one ( either of those two 2gb ram ) my pc works just fine. i also tried installing either one of my ram on both of the slot and its working.

whats troubling me is when i install my friend's both 2gb 1060 ram, both of them works (specific model : hmt125u6tfr8c-h9).

Can you guys help me troubleshoot whats wrong? ( i include my...

palakbisht

BANNED
Mar 5, 2019
specs

AMD athlon ii x2 240 cpu

gtx 550 ti gpu

core elite 650w psu

Can you guys help me troubleshoot whats wrong? ( i include my cpuid file for better specification)

JAY-PC.html
hey,

1. Check if your RAM Chip is seated proper. I mean Really proper. If the RAM DDR(1-4) versions don't match. They won't seat properly.
2. Don't try to force in different Types of RAM Chips until and unless your motherboard is Legacy RAM Supported, i.e. many Mobo's had Support for both DDR2 and DDR3 Chips.
3. If Everything lines up, Check the CAS Latency for both the chips, and the Clock Speed any differences would line up in not working of the RAM.
4. Also, try and remove the 1GB Chip, and in place insert the 2GB Chip, and start the computer see if it Lines up, and starts properly. If it beeps, screen not coming on, the RAM is either not supported or it's gone bad.

Solution