[SOLVED] RAM Issue?

sebastiangora91

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
Hello!

CPU: i5 4460 3,20 Ghz
Ram: 24gb 1600 (2x4gb ballistix and later added 2x8gb HyperX Savage, worked like a charm for almost 2 years now)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
Mobo: AsRock H87 pro4
PSU: Antec 650W Gold

So I have the following issue: two days ago after starting my PC I got BSOD with the following error: kmode_exception_not_handled 0x0000001e. (I read about it somewhere that it could be related to memory).

I wanted to run a memtest, but for some reason and this is yet another issue - I can't. I tried creating a bootable pendrive with 2 different ones but after trying to boot memtest it gets ignored, both when selecting the pendrive from bootmenu and setting the boot priority in UEFI, don't know what's that about.

Today, the PC froze again but this time after restarting it, I got beeping sounds (I cannot recall how many, think it was 3), and I got black screen with error: Memory did not pass cpu test Channel B. So I figured it's probably a faulty ram stick. Removed 2 older sticks - PC booted and works, but then I tried putting the removed sticks back in to see if it fails again - it did not, the PC worked fine. After that I tried booting PC with each of the sticks separately - worked all 4 times. Now I am back with all 4 sticks again with no errors. Could repplugging ram fix some issues? Because I have no idea why it's working now.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello!

CPU: i5 4460 3,20 Ghz
Ram: 24gb 1600 (2x4gb ballistix and later added 2x8gb HyperX Savage, worked like a charm for almost 2 years now)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
Mobo: AsRock H87 pro4
PSU: Antec 650W Gold

So I have the following issue: two days ago after starting my PC I got BSOD with the following error: kmode_exception_not_handled 0x0000001e. (I read about it somewhere that it could be related to memory).

I wanted to run a memtest, but for some reason and this is yet another issue - I can't. I tried creating a bootable pendrive with 2 different ones but after trying to boot memtest it gets ignored, both when selecting the pendrive from bootmenu and setting the boot priority in UEFI, don't know what's that about.

Today, the PC froze again but this time after restarting it, I got beeping sounds (I cannot recall how many, think it was 3), and I got black screen with error: Memory did not pass cpu test Channel B. So I figured it's probably a faulty ram stick. Removed 2 older sticks - PC booted and works, but then I tried putting the removed sticks back in to see if it fails again - it did not, the PC worked fine. After that I tried booting PC with each of the sticks separately - worked all 4 times. Now I am back with all 4 sticks again with no errors. Could repplugging ram fix some issues? Because I have no idea why it's working now.
Reseating the the memory could of cleaned the contacts. If you still have problems go into BIOS and add 0.05 volts to the memory.

Reactions: sebastiangora91

sebastiangora91

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
Reseating the the memory could of cleaned the contacts. If you still have problems go into BIOS and add 0.05 volts to the memory.

Hello, no problems so far, that's why I have asked about the replugging thing cuz to me it was obvious that ram stick is faulty. Do you maybe know what's the issue with memtest? I could run i tovernight to test the ram but it just won't start. And thanks for the answer!

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I have windows 10 updated.
Cool.
There are options to Memtest on USB-stick, several.
These will run in Windows. You just have to install them.
Testmem5, HCI Memtest, OCCTs memory test. You can get away with free versions.
Some not so obvious programs but can find memory errors are Linpack Extreme and Y-cruncher.

But I would still run Whocrashed first. Might be driver issue as well.

sebastiangora91

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
Cool.
There are options to Memtest on USB-stick, several.
These will run in Windows. You just have to install them.
Testmem5, HCI Memtest, OCCTs memory test. You can get away with free versions.
Some not so obvious programs but can find memory errors are Linpack Extreme and Y-cruncher.

But I would still run Whocrashed first. Might be driver issue as well.

Are these programs viable in comparison to Memtest? Also, how long should I run testmem5 for? I researched a little, should I run it with the Anta777 extreme config?

Last edited:

sebastiangora91

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
Last edited:

sebastiangora91

Reputable
Nov 10, 2018
Never tried without Admin mode. You might have to restart PC for it to work.

After the test finished i restarted PC and launched it as admin. 2nd cycle and still 0 errors. What do I make of it it it wont show any errors? Its weird to me since I had that "Memory did not pass cpu test". Also if all sticks work i think it should not be mobo issue?
Could reseating the sticks really have fixed the issue?

Last edited: