Jan 29, 2021
PC Specs:
Motherboard:X570 Aorus Elite
Graphics Card: Gigabyte geforce rtx 3070 gv-n3070gaming oc-8gd
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900 x
Cooler: Noctua nh-d15s dual fan
Power supply: Corsair cx650m
RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 (4 X16GB)

Looking for some help, please can replies explain as simple as possibe. My issues is that my RAM won't post in dual channel or as 4 sticks in each slot.

Firstly I had 2 Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM sticks that I had in slots A2 and B2 as my motherboard states. When i turn on xmp its like it will go into a boot loop and restart over and over and then eventually it will stop, and not post.

What I then have to do is take the CMOS battery out to reset the motherboard. Then when I put the RAM back in the A2 and B2 slots it WONT post. So what I do is put a RAM card in A2 (doesnt post) b2 (doesnt post) then essentially all of the slots till my orange light on the motherboard shows up, then it posts but not as dual channel. Just as 1 stick. Sometimes 2.

What i did to rule out if there is an issue with the ram is purchase the exact same ones, then I tried them in the a2,b2 slots and it still doesn't work. Tried putting all 4 Ram cards in and it doesn't work.

The only way i can get the PC to post is to try RAM in random slots. sometimes it will post with just one stick, some times with 2 but the slots are random! For example one will work in A2, so then I put one in B2 and it doesnt post. I then take out the B2 stick then A2 stops working?!

I just took the whole PC apart, cleaned it throughly, the parts, fans, resat the CPU with new thermal paste and STILL it doesn't post with all sticks, a2 b2 or a1 b2.

It posted with A1 and B2 for example, then when I go to add another stick it doesn't post. If i remove it, then it doesnt post!

I have seen in the past that tight coolers can cause the issue so what I have also done is loosened the screws on the cooler, but that doesnt seem to work. It's such a bizzare issue.

There are no bent pins, on RAM, the motherboard, everything is seated properly etc I have litterally checked it all.

The only thing I can think of is that theres an issue with the motherboard or maybe the power supply isnt powerful enough?? I find it strange how the only way it will post is if I try random slots and with different RAM sticks to rule out if one of thems broken.

My brain is fried by this issue, so any help would be fantastic.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

Just an FYI, you're underpowered for your entire platform. You should've looked into a higher pedigree unit with 750W of power at the entire system's disposal.

Got a link to the kit you're working with?

Mobojak

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021
What BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

Just an FYI, you're underpowered for your entire platform. You should've looked into a higher pedigree unit with 750W of power at the entire system's disposal.

Got a link to the kit you're working with?

Hi,

I apricate the reply! I thought the power supply may have been low. Can you recommend me a new one?

The BIOS has been update last week to the lateset version -
F37d
10.82 MB
2022/07/27
  1. Checksum : 2E53
  2. Update AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.7
Here is a link to the RAM as requested
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016ORTNI2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a link to the RAM as requested

Lutfij

Titan
One set/kit of ram is version 3.44, while the other set/kit is version 5.49. Work with one matched kit, this time instead of using X.M.P, manually set the frequency, timings and voltage as stated on the stickered side of the ram. See if that alleviates the issue. You can use 1.4v in place of 1.35v. If that's successful, try and work with the other set of ram(don't mix and match sets). If the latter is successful, try with both sets.

Mobojak

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021
One set/kit of ram is version 3.44, while the other set/kit is version 5.49. Work with one matched kit, this time instead of using X.M.P, manually set the frequency, timings and voltage as stated on the stickered side of the ram. See if that alleviates the issue. You can use 1.4v in place of 1.35v. If that's successful, try and work with the other set of ram(don't mix and match sets). If the latter is successful, try with both sets.
Hi,

I will try this soon and get back to you on the results. Really grateful for your response.

Would you still recommend upgrading the PSU? I saw this and just wanted to make sure it's correct
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-RM750x-Fully-Modular-Supply/dp/B07B72D43N

Mobojak

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021
See if you can get an 850W unit for headroom(and longevity). The RM series actually a good line of units from Corsair.
See if you can get an 850W unit for headroom(and longevity). The RM series actually a good line of units from Corsair.

Hi,

the RAM wont work in a2 and B2 without xpm on.

I have requested a refund for the motherboard as a friend also had issues with the same board.

Would you be able to recommend a motherboard based on the PC Specs I have?

Want to make sure that it will work this time.

I have also purchased the Corsair RM850W like you suggested too, thank you.