[SOLVED] Ram issues I think

malickb33

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hello, so I have recently sold my old gpu, and now I just have the bare bones 16gb ddr3 ram one is rated 1600mhz and the other 1333 (8gb each) everything was working fine till after I sold my gpu and left my p.c completely unplugged and off for about 5 days, when I came back to the p.c to try and put it on without a gpu it kept on rebooting without making it to a bios screen, later down the line I realised the problem was one of the 8gb ram sticks going bad is what I assumed, because once I took out that ram stick the 1333hz one, my p.c would boot into windows, so naturally I got some new ram, but this time it's a hyperx fury 4gb 1600hz and guess what, once I used it with the 8gb stick or alone, it would keep rebooting, I have replaced cpu's to check the solution to only find out it still persists, each slot work I only have 2, I have no cmos battery everything else is fine too, does anyone know how I can deal with this?

Solution
What CPU/GPU are you currently using?
Memory should always be install as a matching kit (2 or 4 sticks). Non-matching sticks of RAM are always a gamble. Even if they work, they usually run at slower speeds, looser timings, and possible single channel mode.
To get everything working properly and optimally, purchase a 2-stick kit of memory that is compatible with your motherboard.

malickb33

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hello, so I have recently sold my old gpu, and now I just have the bare bones 16gb ddr3 ram one is rated 1600mhz and the other 1333 (8gb each) everything was working fine till after I sold my gpu and left my p.c completely unplugged and off for about 5 days, when I came back to the p.c to try and put it on without a gpu it kept on rebooting without making it to a bios screen, later down the line I realised the problem was one of the 8gb ram sticks going bad is what I assumed, because once I took out that ram stick the 1333hz one, my p.c would boot into windows, so naturally I got some new ram, but this time it's a hyperx fury 4gb 1600hz and guess what, once I used it with the 8gb stick or alone, it would keep rebooting, I have replaced cpu's to check the solution to only find out it still persists, each slot work I only have 2, I have no cmos battery everything else is fine too, does anyone know how I can deal with this?
My mother board is GA-H61M-DS2
500 GB SP SSD
500W thermaletake power supply

What CPU/GPU are you currently using?
Memory should always be install as a matching kit (2 or 4 sticks). Non-matching sticks of RAM are always a gamble. Even if they work, they usually run at slower speeds, looser timings, and possible single channel mode.
To get everything working properly and optimally, purchase a 2-stick kit of memory that is compatible with your motherboard.

Solution