[SOLVED] Ram locked at 2133 mhz after installing another ram

Jun 29, 2020
I checked the bios and it said that my ram is running at 2133 mhz before putting another stick even though I got 2400 mhz. At first I thought maybe my second ram is only clocked at 2133 mhz so I checked cpu-z and it stated that the frequency is also at 2400 mhz anyone now what is going on?

Solution
Its actually the same brand of ram which is hyperx fury to be specific. Can you also tell me what XMP Do specifically?
Even mixing the exact same make and model bought separately is not guaranteed to work without issues, it is why RAM is sold in matched kits. There is a good chance it will work but it’s not guaranteed.

XMP applies the settings to run at the rated speed and not stock 2133mhz.
Its actually the same brand of ram which is hyperx fury to be specific. Can you also tell me what XMP Do specifically?
Even mixing the exact same make and model bought separately is not guaranteed to work without issues, it is why RAM is sold in matched kits. There is a good chance it will work but it’s not guaranteed.

Solution

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
The XMP or DOCP bios setting is in different locations on different motherboards. If you can't locate it yourself, you'll have to provide us the model of motherboard you have. CPU-Z will give you that info if you don't know it.

Jun 29, 2020

It already sa
The XMP or DOCP bios setting is in different locations on different motherboards. If you can't locate it yourself, you'll have to provide us the model of motherboard you have. CPU-Z will give you that info if you don't know it.
My motherboard is a biostar h310mhp. It also says i'm in dual channel on cpu-z even though I got 8gb ram with 4gb ram since I looked up threads in reddit whitch they said that its not going to work. My only problem now is the ram mhz i'll try to find xmp in the bios tomorow. But if you know where I can find it exactly it would help me alot.