melvin13

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Ok so we all know Corsair makes good ram. I'm waiting the arival of my Gigabyte GA8SQ800. So I ordered 2x256 Corsair XMS3200 sticks to go on that board. I paid $91 each.

Now I just found Kigmax memory for like $50 each (256)

Now for a little more money (like 20 bux) I can load up my board with 1 GB ram of the Kingmax.

So that being said, would I notice a difference in performance with the Kingmax memory? Is kingmax crappy ram? Should I stick with the Corsair?

any help or testimonials would be very helpful :)

thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Kingmax has a reputation of being a little on the "budget" side of quality, you might have to run the stuff at it's slowest timings, which would make Dual Channel PC3200 kind of pointless. That's because the gains Dual Channel PC3200 have over Dual Channel PC2100 when using a "533" bus P4 are almost completely due to faster timings, not increased bandwidth.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

melvin13

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
makes sence. After reading more bench marks on that board and I knew I made the right choice with the corsair ram. I just wish they would all hurry up and get here :)

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Don't worry.. I had the same anxiety about my GA-8INXP board. Try buing a new case and staring inside it continuously... worked for me ;)

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

TRENDING THREADS