Jan 23, 2021
Hello,
i am going to build a new PC with the following parts :
i7-10700K
Asus STRIX Z490 - H Gaming
GTX 3060 Ti
HX1000i
Deepcool gamer storm Assassin III
And my question is whether i should go for Trident Z RGB NEO 3600/3200MHz, Trident Z RGB 3200MHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz or HyperX Predator 3200MHz ? I am going for a 2 X 8GB combination.
I want to know if the Trident Z RGB NEO will be working properly with my configuration, because i saw that it was made for AMD.
Trident Z RGB NEO 3600MHz - F4-3600C18D-16GTZN
Trident Z RGB NEO 3200MHz - F4-3200C16D-16GTZN
Trident Z RGB - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR.
I want a secure answer please.

Solution
Hello,
i7-10700K
GTX 3060 Ti
HX1000i
And my question is whether i should go for Trident Z RGB NEO 3600/3200MHz, Trident Z RGB 3200MHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz or HyperX Predator 3200MHz ? I am going for a 2 X 8GB combination.
I want to know if the Trident Z RGB NEO will be working properly with my configuration, because i saw that it was made for AMD.
Hello there!!
Intel isn't really benefited with faster memory what id recommend is check the ram...
Hello,
i7-10700K
GTX 3060 Ti
HX1000i
Hello there!!
Intel isn't really benefited with faster memory what id recommend is check the ram part number in the motherboards OVL listing if the ram shows up go ahead with it:)
Ps: why 1000W psu for 3060Ti?

Reactions: Mr.Computer
Solution
Jan 23, 2021
Hello there!!
Intel isn't really benefited with faster memory what id recommend is check the ram part number in the motherboards OVL listing if the ram shows up go ahead with it:)
Ps: why 1000W psu for 3060Ti?
Okay i will check. And i get a 1000 W PSU because i am planning on getting a more powerful GPU later when they restock.
Thanks.

Jan 23, 2021
I agree...check the motherboard website for the memory quality assurance list.

There's no gpu out there for sale that requires a 1000w supply...a gold rated 850w is plenty for any gpu available today.
Okay i will check. And as i said i am looking on upgrading to a more powerful GPU when they restock them.
Thanks.

Jan 23, 2021
I would also like to ask if i should go for Asus ROG STRIX Z490 - E, is it really worth the extra 65$? And For the RAM, i think that i should go for the Trident Z sticks, what do you guys think, is there any better brand for a good quality RAM memory?

I would also like to ask if i should go for Asus ROG STRIX Z490 - E, is it really worth the extra 65$? And For the RAM, i think that i should go for the Trident Z sticks, what do you guys think, is there any better brand for a good quality RAM memory?
G skill is a good brand I don't think you would have any issue, now about the Mobo, check if the Z490 F fulfills all your needs if not get the E, also what's your plan for this system?? Is it for gaming?? You could actually get a i9 10900F/10850K for $400 that'd be worth spending more money on imo.

Z490-E vs Z490-H
https://pangoly.com/en/compare/moth...z490-e-gaming-vs-asus-rog-strix-z490-h-gaming

Jan 23, 2021
G skill is a good brand I don't think you would have any issue, now about the Mobo, check if the Z490 F fulfills all your needs if not get the E, also what's your plan for this system?? Is it for gaming?? You could actually get a i9 10900F/10850K for $400 that'd be worth spending more money on imo.

Z490-E vs Z490-H
https://pangoly.com/en/compare/moth...z490-e-gaming-vs-asus-rog-strix-z490-h-gaming
The problem is that Z490 - F is out of stock in my local shop, all that is left is Z490 - E and Z490 - H. So that is why i am asking. And on the processor side, i could get an i9 10th gen. My question was whether the RAM will be compatible, and about the motherboard. I am thinking of getting an Z490 - E or Z490 - H motherboard, so what are your thoughts about these two?

I don't really care bout RGB.
Probably didn't took a bit of sarcasm about RGB. Nothing personal. There are weird folks who manage to put a ton of RGB enabled stuff in their rigs till poor boxes spew out a third of PSU power in a form of light. In general I agree to have a better PSU for better GPU upgrade in future. But better get definitely good 850W PSU instead of 1 kW something.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
You need to get low profile memory.
Look how high he had to mount the fan on the cooler and it blocks the RGB anyhow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iq1UtIEX48
Most people don't mount the front CPU cooler fan, because rear case exhaust is so close to the cooler anyway. More importantly, by mounting it that high, you will run into clearance issues with most cases and you won't be able to close the side panel. Also, I wouldn't recommend compromising RAM for clearing CPU fan.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Most people don't mount the front CPU cooler fan, because rear case exhaust is so close to the cooler anyway. More importantly, by mounting it that high, you will run into clearance issues with most cases and you won't be able to close the side panel. Also, I wouldn't recommend compromising RAM for clearing CPU fan.

So your most people?
Most people mount it like it's made to be mounted for the performance.
How would buying different memory compromise the memory?

Can you explain either statement?

EDIT the video was with vengeance pro that is higher this is what the Z looks like.
https://cdna.pcpartpicker.com/stati...058.8cc47b55df49bcfbf8adb0886f2456c5.1600.jpg

Jan 23, 2021
Probably didn't took a bit of sarcasm about RGB. Nothing personal. There are weird folks who manage to put a ton of RGB enabled stuff in their rigs till poor boxes spew out a third of PSU power in a form of light. In general I agree to have a better PSU for better GPU upgrade in future. But better get definitely good 850W PSU instead of 1 kW something.
Yeah, i got your point over there. But i already have the HX1000i Platinum PSU, got it as a gift for my birthday.

Jan 23, 2021
I had in mind the clearence for the CPU cooler and got a Cooler Master MB511 ARGB case.

On the G.Skill RAM Configurator it says that my Trident Z memory is compatible, but i can't find it on the ASUS website for the motherboard.
If it says then it might work many times the OVL list aren't updated so if you wanna play safe get some other memory instead of that or you could even go with Gskill as it says it works. If the part number from the Ram configurator and the product you are gonna buy is the same I dint think you should have any issue.
Also it seems you are new here don't post you replies in chunk it makes the thread longer and messy not many people might interact because of a long thread, so just a heads up for ya ;)

The problem is that Z490 - F is out of stock in my local shop, all that is left is Z490 - E and Z490 - H. So that is why i am asking. And on the processor side, i could get an i9 10th gen. My question was whether the RAM will be compatible, and about the motherboard. I am thinking of getting an Z490 - E or Z490 - H motherboard, so what are your thoughts about these two?
I've given a link on the post you replied to it will tell you the different ports and connectors you get in those Mobo