RAM memory running at 99% in use?

Click your Processes tab and select processes for all users. Find the ones using all your RAM. If you are idle on your desktop...... nothing should be using more than ~200MB or so(typically one large svchost around this size).

The performance decrease comes from the use of your pagefile. If you look at your screeny, your disk usage is also 100% because your hard drive is now being used as RAM since your actual RAM saturated. This is not an intended use for your hard drive, it is a last resort fail safe to keep your PC running.

xiipe16

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Sorry about the late reply, i fell asleep. Anyways, when i check my processes, the most memory taxing programs would be google chrome, Origin, steelseries engine.

These are the only ones with above 20 MB usage, chrome being the highest. And i saw that there were 5 processes of chrome.

I only have one user on my PC and when i went into the users tab, it says that im only using 600 MB of ram.

Also, when i restart my PC, it works completely normal and at regular speeds but after a while, it starts to slow down again and the memory goes to 99%.