Question Ram memtest86 error

Aug 27, 2022
I am getting memtest86 errors only when I install ram in dimm slot a1
A2/B1/B2 no errors
And all ram sticks are fine I have tested all ram sticks with different slot and not giving errors.
But when I install same ram stick in dimm A1 it gives error don't know what thw problem is

Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 Extreme
Kingston Fury 5200 MHz kit

Please help

4745454b

Titan
Either the slot is dirty, or the CPU isn't quite making contact with the pins that control that slot. (Or there is a bit of dirt/oil on that pad.) It's also possible that the board wasn't quite soldered as well as it should have been, but the above makes more sense. Steps to fix this would be to clean the slot, reset the CPU and clean the pads before you put it back in. If it still doesn't work, it's probably a bad board.

Aug 27, 2022
Either the slot is dirty, or the CPU isn't quite making contact with the pins that control that slot. (Or there is a bit of dirt/oil on that pad.) It's also possible that the board wasn't quite soldered as well as it should have been, but the above makes more sense. Steps to fix this would be to clean the slot, reset the CPU and clean the pads before you put it back in. If it still doesn't work, it's probably a bad board.
I tried resetting the CPU and still getting errors but I noticed one thing 4800MHz XMP doesn't give error on A1 but 5000 and greater gives but this only applies to A1
A2/B1/B2 no probs with 5200MHz too

4745454b

Titan
The stick that doesn't work, you said,

I noticed one thing 4800MHz XMP doesn't give error on A1 but 5000 and greater gives but this only applies to A1

When you put the bad stick in A1, double check the settings. There is a chance it's not setting the correct XMP settings and that's why it doesn't work above 4800.

Aug 27, 2022
The stick that doesn't work, you said,

When you put the bad stick in A1, double check the settings. There is a chance it's not setting the correct XMP settings and that's why it doesn't work above 4800.
All sticks are working but not only in A1 same stick is installed in A2 and set xmp 5200 same xmp as A1 and no errors on A2 slot