Question RAM not being used

thefrozenwaffle

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Recently I upgraded from 8 GB of DDR4 ram to 16GB. In the beginning, everything seemed to be going fine, I was able to use all the ram and my games ran way better since the ram wasn't bottlenecking my other components. But then a few days ago, I was playing DA Inquisition and my game crashed on me. I restarted my computer but when it tried to come back on, there were 3 long beeping noises coming from my motherboard. Looked it up, saw that it meant there might be something going on with the ram. So I took them out, put them back in, that didn't seem to work. I cleared my bios and unplugged everything from my computer. When it started up again, the noise was still there, but then it stopped and my computer booted up. I figured I solved the issue, but nope, my computer says I have 16GB installed, but when I go to my task manager it's only using 8GB. I have no idea if it's a problem with the ram or the motherboard, I've only had one of the sticks for a month and the other for about 2 years. It all started with that game crash, before that everything was flawless. Does anyone know what's going and if there are any solutions? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Just entered the bios to see if anything was up, once I confirmed the setting and my computer booted up the beeping was still there, but then it booted up regularly. Still not able to use 16GB.

Last edited: