Question Ram not running at advertised speeds

AgentAdam

Commendable
Jun 7, 2019
Hello so i just installed my new 8x2 3200mhz ram and its not running at its advertised speeds. In task manager im only getting 1067mhz speed and in CPU-Z im only getting 1064.1. Now i know it has something to do with bios and XMP but i dont really know how to do that. Some help would be nice thanks! BTW my board is a ASROCK B450M PRO 4
pm1Eorh5p
pnuSRvU5p

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello so i just installed my new 8x2 3200mhz ram and its not running at its advertised speeds. In task manager im only getting 1067mhz speed and in CPU-Z im only getting 1064.1. Now i know it has something to do with bios and XMP but i dont really know how to do that. Some help would be nice thanks! BTW my board is a ASROCK B450M PRO 4
The memory is double data rate (DDR) so a clock of 1064 is approximately 2133 speed. This is the default speed for Ryzen. To get maximum RAM speed, I would recommend making sure your BIOS is updated then use the DOCP memory setting in the BIOS. This is the same as Intel XMP setting.

AgentAdam

Commendable
Jun 7, 2019
The memory is double data rate (DDR) so a clock of 1064 is approximately 2133 speed. This is the default speed for Ryzen. To get maximum RAM speed, I would recommend making sure your BIOS is updated then use the DOCP memory setting in the BIOS. This is the same as Intel XMP setting.
Yeah i think theyre up to date but idk if they are but where do i find the DOCP memory setting i have my XMP profile set to one but like theres one 3200mhz and another 2133mhz so idk
poxA2P1Dj

Last edited: