RAM not running at normal latencies

Treeroy

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
My RAM is Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1866MHz stuff, with supposed latencies of 9-10-9-27. I upgraded my motherboard today, and according to the program Speccy:

- old motherboard was 9-10-9-27
- currently 9-13-13-34

Can I change this somehow? I didn't think you could manually adjust memory latency.

Solution
The board uses the numbers for the latency to figure out how many clock cycles to wait before sending the next signal, you should be able to manually adjust them in the OCing portion of your BIOS. Make sure you set the voltage to the recommended level to get the ram to those settings, but first make sure that the voltage level for those timings is one that your processor will tolerate.

Older DDR3 with super tight timings would run at 1.8V because it made it easier, but when the i7s first launched the intel memory controller could only handle up to 1.65V so almost all new memory runs at that or below, but if you have an older set it may have wanted higher voltages for those latencies.
The board uses the numbers for the latency to figure out how many clock cycles to wait before sending the next signal, you should be able to manually adjust them in the OCing portion of your BIOS. Make sure you set the voltage to the recommended level to get the ram to those settings, but first make sure that the voltage level for those timings is one that your processor will tolerate.

Older DDR3 with super tight timings would run at 1.8V because it made it easier, but when the i7s first launched the intel memory controller could only handle up to 1.65V so almost all new memory runs at that or below, but if you have an older set it may have wanted higher voltages for those latencies.

Solution