Ram not working correctly

Svantelol

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hey, so I got 2x8GB last xmas, and I do not think it works correctly. Its almost always on 100% on task-manager. I am running windows 8. When I play World of Warcraft it says its using 250 MB and if I change it to percent it shows 46 percent..? That means that only half a GB is available..? Is there anything wrong with the ram sticks or the system? Or what..? :c

Solution
Do you have the DRAM set up w/ XMP and is it set correct, In the memory tab of CPU-Z (free app) it should show the stick at 800 (this is DDR so it shows true freq (800x2=1600 effective)) and the timings of 8-8-8-24, if that's correct, I'd boot into Safe Mode with networking and try a game if no problem there than Scan for both Virus's and Malware - then make sure BIOS and all drivers are up to date
There is nothing wrong with your RAM. If you have 46% free, that means you 8.5 gig available. Windows will use big chunks of memory for cache, but that does not mean anything is wrong, it will release it if a program calls for it. Windows handles memory quite well, and if you have 16 gig, you don't need to worry about it.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Do you have the DRAM set up w/ XMP and is it set correct, In the memory tab of CPU-Z (free app) it should show the stick at 800 (this is DDR so it shows true freq (800x2=1600 effective)) and the timings of 8-8-8-24, if that's correct, I'd boot into Safe Mode with networking and try a game if no problem there than Scan for both Virus's and Malware - then make sure BIOS and all drivers are up to date

Solution

TRENDING THREADS